Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

just curious

Posted by on Jul. 4, 2014 at 5:57 AM
  • 12 Replies
Was it hard to lose weight after having a baby and how long did it take
by on Jul. 4, 2014 at 5:57 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
booaura
by Member on Jul. 4, 2014 at 7:35 PM
Not for me, but I also never gained much. I lost anything I'd gained within a month.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jul. 4, 2014 at 7:56 PM

I gained about 25 while I was trying to get pregnant and 60 during the pregnancy.   Lost 50 immediately (lots of fluid retention0, but then really had a hard time dropping anything after that.  Discovered that my thyroid had gone kaput at some point and I got medicated...I've dropped nearly 40lbs since November and I'm back down to a more comfortable weight and the lowest I've weighed in a long long time.  My son is 2 and a half now.  I wish I had been better about not putting it on in the first place.

skrbelly
by Member on Jul. 4, 2014 at 8:34 PM
I gained 23 and had lost 33 by the 6 week check up. I breastfed, and I have heard that breastfeeding takes the weight off, but I don't know if that's true.
mommytobe201234
by New Member on Jul. 4, 2014 at 11:32 PM
Yeah I heard that too
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 5, 2014 at 12:37 AM
Don't believe that breast feeding helps you to lose weight. I breast feed and it hasn't helped me.
bhow
by on Jul. 6, 2014 at 10:35 AM

I didn't put much on with the first one.  She was emergency c-section and I have never done well with surgery so, I was about a year losing 17 lbs.  The second one I put on about 30 and took it off in 6 months.  

Pink_Sunshine_
by on Jul. 6, 2014 at 12:54 PM

I've never kept any weight on. I've always been thin. Even after having 3 kids I still am. I don't/won't exercise.

Alwaysmotivated
by Member on Jul. 6, 2014 at 1:17 PM
Still got that extra 20 lbs 19 years later,lol!!!!
Alwaysmotivated
by Member on Jul. 6, 2014 at 1:19 PM
[quote name="Pink_Sunshine_" id="0"]

I've never kept any weight on. I've always been thin. Even after having 3 kids I still am. I don't/won't exercise.

[/

Good gene, do share :)
Yetegemene
by New Member on Jul. 6, 2014 at 2:25 PM

In any of my 4 pregnancies I didn't gain much weight, so it wasn't really that hard to knock it all off. I try to eat healthy and stay really active, and I go to the gym 3 times a week. I think it took me about a month each time.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)