Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

Why can't I...?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 3 Replies
So before pregnancy I weighed 114, I had severe preeclampsia and swole up huge bc of it. I had an emergency c-section at 29wks. The last time I was weighed during pregnancy I was 140 some and that was a week or two before giving birth. I have pumped and breastfed, and continue too, and my baby is now almost 7mo. A few wks ago I weighed 150 and I feel even bigger now. It was so easy to lose weight before pregnancy, if I thought I was getting a little too pudgy I'd just go a day or two without eating much and I'd be good, so why can't I lose weight now and why do I continue to gain so much, even with breast feeding?
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 5, 2014 at 1:07 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
PinkButterfly66
by on Jul. 5, 2014 at 1:09 AM

Get your thyroid checked.  You may be hypothyroid.

momofsixangels
by Colleen on Jul. 7, 2014 at 4:45 PM

Quoting PinkButterfly66:

Get your thyroid checked.  You may be hypothyroid.

This

GertieK
by Silver Member on Jul. 8, 2014 at 9:12 AM

Pregnancy changes many women's metabolism.  Pre- 4 kids I was 98lbs soaking wet.  Never gained anything no matter what I ate.  AS the babies came, so did the weight.  I really ate very little, and what I did eat was healthy food.  Have your thyroid checked, as suggested already.  You will benefit from making sure you avoid eating lots of carbs.  The paleo diet might work well for you - it is healthy and good for the whole family.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN