Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

Crafty moms, help!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 6 Replies

Hi

I recently got my DD a bunk bed and making that bed is a nightmare, do any of you know how to fix the problem?

I've seen online the huggaable bedspreads (or something like that) but they are ridicusly expensive.

Please help!

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 10, 2014 at 4:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
KandC1115
by on Jul. 10, 2014 at 5:37 PM

I actually didn't use fitted sheets on my son's bunk beds. I used a flat sheet or let them fold a blanket in half and let them sleep on that. Bunk beds are a nightmare!! LOL

PogoPalOj
by Member on Jul. 10, 2014 at 7:36 PM

Pintrist

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 10, 2014 at 7:53 PM
*pinterest
Hapsand123
by on Jul. 12, 2014 at 1:20 AM
1 mom liked this

Making my kids bed right now sucks. Trying to fit the fitted sheet over the corners that are up against the wall are HARD. I have found it to be easiest to slide the mattress off a bit so that I can reach the edges and then slide it back on. Its better then trying to get the bed but not to much on the bed so you can lift the side. 

I dont use flat sheets. Fitted it is and then a blanket. Thats it. I dont even use a fitted sheet on my own bed. And they can just make their own beds in the morning which is easy cuz its only the one blanket. 

calsmom62
by on Jul. 12, 2014 at 1:35 AM
1 mom liked this
sew the top sheet to the bottom sheet at the bottom edge ....... use elastic sheet straps if the mattress is too thin to hold the sheets well ....teach her to make it to the best of her ability .....We have had two sets of differently constructed bunkbedss ( tubular metal and heavy wood ) at different times I thought making them up sucked turnips , excuse my frankness ...
VeronicaTex
by on Jul. 12, 2014 at 7:49 PM

I have been thinking about this all day.

I saw some real good ideas.

One was to use a fitted sheet on the bottom, with those things that are elasticized (adjustable) to keep the fitted sheet in place at the corner. Then use a top sheet: a flat sheet or a comforter only.

Another idea I saw was to sew a sheet to the bottom of the first sheet put on.  It would be a little tricky, but to use a fitted sheet, sewing it a slight bit above the elastic, centering it.

The last idea-a very ambitious one-would be to make a type of duvet cover from sheets that would snugly fit the mattress.   It would be like a huge pillow slip.

Possibly buttons could be used on the side seam, only on one side, to make it easier to wash, or even keep one side open and sew a ribbon of snaps or even sew ties at intervals keep it on You could also just wrap a sheet aroune the mattress and pin it on one side with safety pins. Then top with a cotton blanket.

These ideas can all be done with inexpensive sheets.

Veronicasewing

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN