Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

forgiveness

Posted by on Jul. 11, 2014 at 6:13 AM
  • 8 Replies

Forgiveness is letting go of the pain and accepting what has happened because it will not change. Forgiveness is dismissing the blame. Choices were made that caused the hurt; you each could have chosen differently, but you didn't. Forgiveness is looking at the pain, learning the lessons it has produced, and underwtanding what you have learned. Forgiveness allows you to move on toward a better understanding of universal love and your true purpose. Forgiveness is knowing the answer to all questions and that we all are in some way connected. Forgiveness is starting overwith knowledge that you have gained. It is saying: "I forgive you,and I forgive myself. I hope you can do the same."

by on Jul. 11, 2014 at 6:13 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
my3lilboys31013
by Member on Jul. 11, 2014 at 9:45 AM
Some things are unforgivable, and some people have to prove they deserve to be forgiven. I forgave, then was hurt again. Then when I hurt someone else and was forgiven, I hurt them again. I cannot be forgiven again and can't forgive myself, I lost everything. I pray every day that God forgives me. BUT I will never forgive myself or the person who hurt me more than once. Some people never learn and never change.
VeronicaTex
by on Jul. 12, 2014 at 11:22 PM

Thank you for sharing about forgiveness.

It is freeing for the soul.

It is at the end of the grief process, when one can move on...

Veronica

bhow
by Bronze Member on Jul. 13, 2014 at 3:08 PM
1 mom liked this

Forgiveness if for the forgiver ... not the one being forgiven.  If we are able to forgive the offender we will heal faster and better.  Been there done that, not easy but it can be done.  I can honestly say once I started to forgive I felt better as myself, within myself.

momofsixangels
by Colleen on Jul. 14, 2014 at 9:29 AM
1 mom liked this

I cant forgive  somethings

GertieK
by Silver Member on Jul. 14, 2014 at 9:31 AM

Forgiving does not mean you put yourself back into the position to be hurt again.  You can forgive without allowing the person to intrude back into your life.  Forgiveness is inside of you, and it removes a barrier that allows the healing.  It is part of a process - learn from the situation - forgive the person - and then move on and if necessary - away.  

KandC1115
by on Jul. 14, 2014 at 10:33 AM

Having been hurt by my family so many times, I am not able to forgive any more. What I can do is accept that they are who they are and stay away from them. Some things are truly unforgivable.

SpiritedWitch
by Froggie on Jul. 14, 2014 at 5:58 PM

Yeah, not forgiving her. I put up with her put downs, lies and arrogant, hateful attitude towards me for over 20 years and I have no intention of ever forgiving her or letting her back in my life. "Her" being my dad's sister. She can take a leap.

The only fallout from cutting the bitch out is that I don't get to attend family holiday gatherings b/c she is always there. I just make arrangements to see them before or after the holiday. 

VeronicaTex
by on Jul. 14, 2014 at 6:59 PM

I love this!!!

"Forgiveness is inside of you, and it removes a barrier that allows the healing..."

So true....

Veronica-Internally healed because I forgave....

Quoting GertieK:

Forgiving does not mean you put yourself back into the position to be hurt again.  You can forgive without allowing the person to intrude back into your life.  Forgiveness is inside of you, and it removes a barrier that allows the healing.  It is part of a process - learn from the situation - forgive the person - and then move on and if necessary - away.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)