Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

Should SKs and BK get treated the same?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 234 Replies
1 mom liked this
Do you feel that the same rules at home should apply for all the kids? Do you think SKS should get special treatment even if it's not fair to BKS? Do you think BKS deserve special treatment even if not fair to SKS?
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 12, 2014 at 12:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mynewlife2012
by New Member on Jul. 12, 2014 at 12:36 PM
49 moms liked this
All children should be treated the same! The only difference should be age... Older children should be expected to do things different than younger ones.
KREX0914
by Kristen-Danielle on Jul. 12, 2014 at 12:44 PM
5 moms liked this

This. I can tell you from experience treating stepkids and biokids differently does far more harm than good to all involved.

I'm now 23 now and my two brothers still make it a point to say I'm "only half a sibling so I should only get half a say" or "you aren't really the oldest because we aren't really siblings, only half siblings." When I was younger it was "Don't mind her. She was basically adopted" if I was babysiting, and they had no consequences if they were bad because they were biologically related to their dad so they were from "good" genes and could do no wrong. Now all three of them are either in therapy or in trouble with the law.

Quoting mynewlife2012: All children should be treated the same! The only difference should be age... Older children should be expected to do things different than younger ones.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 12, 2014 at 12:46 PM
1 mom liked this
I agree. We treat the kids the same. We don't want any of that hurtful talk or favoritism going on.

Quoting KREX0914:

This. I can tell you from experience treating stepkids and biokids differently does far more harm than good to all involved. I'm now 23 now and my two brothers still make it a point to say I'm "only half a sibling so I should only get half a say" or "you aren't really the oldest because we aren't really siblings, only half siblings." When I was younger it was "Don't mind her. She was basically adopted" if I was babysiting, and they had no consequences if they were bad because they were biologically related to their dad so they were from "good" genes and could do no wrong. Now all three of them are either in therapy or in trouble with the law.

Quoting mynewlife2012: All children should be treated the same! The only difference should be age... Older children should be expected to do things different than younger ones.

grannie_kel
by Bronze Member on Jul. 12, 2014 at 12:48 PM
15 moms liked this

Same house, same rules/treatment for all kids whether bio kids, step kids, half-sibs, adopted kids, SN kids, any child under that roof. 

mynewlife2012
by New Member on Jul. 12, 2014 at 1:10 PM
That's horrible what your brothers did!

I made a point to remind my DH when we got pregnant that my DD5 was still just as much a family member to him as our DD. Luckily he was already on that page with me and it was a waisted conversation.

Quoting KREX0914:

This. I can tell you from experience treating stepkids and biokids differently does far more harm than good to all involved. I'm now 23 now and my two brothers still make it a point to say I'm "only half a sibling so I should only get half a say" or "you aren't really the oldest because we aren't really siblings, only half siblings." When I was younger it was "Don't mind her. She was basically adopted" if I was babysiting, and they had no consequences if they were bad because they were biologically related to their dad so they were from "good" genes and could do no wrong. Now all three of them are either in therapy or in trouble with the law.

theresaphilly
by Member on Jul. 12, 2014 at 1:55 PM

EireLass
by Ruby Member on Jul. 12, 2014 at 2:18 PM
2 moms liked this

Yes. And that sometimes ruffles feathers. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 12, 2014 at 2:19 PM
It sure has potential to

Quoting EireLass:

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 12, 2014 at 2:19 PM
It sure has potential to

Quoting EireLass:

lonelymoon
by Member on Jul. 12, 2014 at 2:20 PM
2 moms liked this
They should all be treated the same. Why shouldn't they be? Same house, same rules.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)