Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

5 Year Old Boy Receives Sexual Misconduct on His School Record

Posted by on Jul. 12, 2014 at 8:26 PM
  • 84 Replies

http://www.thepetitionsite.com/810/594/758/remove-sexual-misconduct-report-from-kindergartners-permanent-record/?z00m=21276371&redirectID=1409724256#sign

Don't know if this is already a post on here... but isn't this ridiculous? This 5 year old was made to sign his name to something stating that he would have the charge of "sexual misconduct" on his permanent school record - for pulling his pants down on the school playground! What the heck is going on in schools today?!

by on Jul. 12, 2014 at 8:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
tiffsgrandma
by Member on Jul. 12, 2014 at 8:50 PM
3 moms liked this

From what i understand, he does this alot and then more. No 5 year old should be doing things like this. 

pookietooth
by on Jul. 12, 2014 at 9:41 PM

Homeschool. He probably has autism or something.

VeronicaTex
by on Jul. 12, 2014 at 11:17 PM
8 moms liked this

Former elementary teacher here.

How does this get on the news???

This business is confidential.

It NEVER should have left the school.

Where I live, in Texas, it is forbidden to announce the name of a person under 16.

This is pitiful, all the way around....

I hope it is a sick hoax......

If it isn't, it is yellow journalism.

Veronica

VeronicaTex
by on Jul. 12, 2014 at 11:19 PM

I see you are a new member and a very young one at that.

What is your purpose, OP, for posting this?

I would like to hear your reason why.

Veronica

mom2the.rescue
by on Jul. 13, 2014 at 12:06 AM
6 moms liked this

Autism?  lol, are you joking?  A kid told him to pull his pants down or he would do it to him.  So the 5 yr old pulled his own pants down.  That's not autism.  That's a 5 yr old. 

Quoting pookietooth:

Homeschool. He probably has autism or something.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jul. 13, 2014 at 12:10 AM

This seems odd. I would wonder if he has been molested.

VeronicaTex
by on Jul. 13, 2014 at 4:37 AM
3 moms liked this

I checked to see if there was a legitimate news source reporting case.

There were NONE that I would consider as being reliable.

Huffington Post???

This is one of the very worst sources for tainted and biased news.

The authors of the articles ALWAYS have an agenda, to sway the reader and twist....

Please consider the next time your choice of topic and your source of news.

This is TRASH.

Veronica

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 13, 2014 at 8:38 AM
4 moms liked this

He shouldn't be charged and have a record at school,  but by 5 years old kids should know not to do this at school or anywhere.  Parents don't teach right from wrong any longer.  Yes, this is a real story. 

VeronicaTex
by on Jul. 13, 2014 at 9:00 AM
1 mom liked this

"Parents don't teach right from wrong anymore" is a blanket statement.

This has nothing to do with parents.   It has to do with another child daring a child to do whar he alledgedly did.

This is the first time I have ever heard of this kind of action being taken in a case like this.

This is not the norm for public schools. I still question the sensationalism of the story itself as reported in the media, as well as to the motives of the OP posting it.

Veronica-Elementary School teacher in the Catholic and Public Schools for 21 years

Quoting Anonymous:

He shouldn't be charged and have a record at school,  but by 5 years old kids should know not to do this at school or anywhere.  Parents don't teach right from wrong any longer.  Yes, this is a real story. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 13, 2014 at 9:02 AM
1 mom liked this

This is all over cafemom in many boards, just not here.  It is being talked about all over the place.  OP can post whatever she wants to.  I agree this isn't the norm.  Never did anyone do this when my dd's were in school because parents taught their kids what was appropriate and not appropriate.  Everything is in the media now. 

Quoting VeronicaTex:

I agree.

This is the first time I have ever heard of this kind of action being taken.

This is not the norm for public schools.

However, I still question the sensationalism of the stoey itself as reported in the media, as well as to the motives of the OP posting it.

Veronica-Elementary School teacher in the Catholic and Public Schools for 21 years

Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN