Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

Serious issue...

Posted by on Jul. 14, 2014 at 4:31 AM
  • 70 Replies

We recently found out that we are having a lovely, healthy boy...and the topic of circumcision came up - what are your thoughts?

by on Jul. 14, 2014 at 4:31 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
HIJKLM
by Member on Jul. 14, 2014 at 4:35 AM
5 moms liked this
I think... Discuss it with the father, with your doctor and find creditable facts, then decide what you feel is best for your child.
surromama
by Member on Jul. 14, 2014 at 4:38 AM
I did it with both boys, no hesitation. Discussed it with their doctors and agreed it was for the best.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
EllaBella85
by on Jul. 14, 2014 at 4:38 AM
1 mom liked this

The problem is that it's such a mine-field! Hubby is not circd,  yet he has had a couple of issues...I dont know where to go from here. Too much pressure and not enough resources.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jul. 14, 2014 at 4:40 AM
I'd do it with no hesitation
EllaBella85
by on Jul. 14, 2014 at 4:43 AM

why Anonymous?

GertieK
by Silver Member on Jul. 14, 2014 at 9:26 AM
1 mom liked this

God made him that way for a reason. 

momofsixangels
by Colleen on Jul. 14, 2014 at 9:26 AM
1 mom liked this

My ds is circumcised

EireLass
by Ruby Member on Jul. 14, 2014 at 9:43 AM
1 mom liked this

This is a good start point for you then. Were hubby's issues exclusively to his body, or is it something he learned others have had to deal with? Was it easy to deal with? Or did his resulting feeling wish that he had been circ'd? 

Quoting EllaBella85:

The problem is that it's such a mine-field! Hubby is not circd,  yet he has had a couple of issues...I dont know where to go from here. Too much pressure and not enough resources.

sapphirelibra
by Member on Jul. 14, 2014 at 9:46 AM
4 moms liked this
Don't ask anyone here!!!!! It only ends in war. Talk about it with more reasonable people like DH and you Dr.. It just ends in pettiness here.
hotmama404
by on Jul. 14, 2014 at 10:03 AM
I had this discussion with SO before we even got preg. Hoped for a girl since we had different opinions. I have 2 boys from a previous marriage and neither are circumcised, because their father wasn't. Lo and behold, I ended up preggo with another boy. SO is circumcised and wanted it. I told him that if we get it, HE is responsible for caring for it until healed because I was against it. We had it set to happen on Valentines Day and it got canceled. SO almost changed his mind, but his mom talked him back into it. Oh well. Only thing it caused to happen was to explain the difference to my older boys.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN