Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

Do you EVER get any "me time"?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 82 Replies

I can't recall the last time I had some time to myself and with the kids home from school, I'm going NUTS! I really could use some time alone, but my husband said I should just get over it. GRR.

Do you ever get any "me time" to just decompress and BE for a bit? When's the last time you did?

If you never have, what would you do if you were lucky to have time alone for a change?

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 15, 2014 at 5:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
rikanajay0902
by on Jul. 15, 2014 at 5:28 PM

My kids and my SO are really good at giving me my ME time. It usually only consists of reading my book for hours on end and they come to me when they need something or just to check in on me. But I remember those times where it was non-existent and it was tough.

ShellLea
by New Member on Jul. 15, 2014 at 5:41 PM
1 mom liked this

I take extra long baths and watch movies on Netflix at least a few times a week. This evening I'm leaving the hubby and the kids in the house while I head out to the back yard for a fire and a few drinks. A mom has to have some down time.

JC2223
by Member on Jul. 15, 2014 at 5:50 PM
2 moms liked this

Multiple times a week, As a matter of fact I just got out of the tub after an hour long bath. Yesterday I read for 2 hours while DH was out at the shooting range with his buddies. After he got home, my "BFF" and I went to get our nails done last night.

DH and I value our time to together, our time as a family and our time alone, so we try to make sure we get enough of each. We only have one child, who is 10yo and pretty self sufficient. But we do remember the time when she was young and my two SD's were with us and it seems like they took up ALL of our time. It gets better as the kids get older, but your DH sounds a bit selfish and should be more considerate. We have a big rule in our house...if you want consideration, you better be considerate! 

JIJsMom
by Member on Jul. 15, 2014 at 5:52 PM
Every night!
lhiannan
by on Jul. 15, 2014 at 5:59 PM
Normally, I get out for a couple hours once or twice a month. Tonight will be the second time this week, but that is exceedingly rare. I normally just go to a friend's house.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 15, 2014 at 5:59 PM
Yes. Today I ditched work and relaxed at home. My kids are in childcare centers during day.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 15, 2014 at 9:28 PM
No! I never get ME time and at the moment I am completely overwhelmed! I am a SAHM and my son has been driving me nuts lately! My husband works different hours every week, leaving me to take care of everything! At the moment I'm feeling like I could spontaneously combust any minutes!! Usually I am extremely patient, but here lately I feel like I have no help and I am short fused!
radmom33
by New Member on Jul. 15, 2014 at 9:32 PM
You cantbe a healthy mom if your not healthy. Don't ask hubby, just take a walk or a drive when he is home. He is a parent too. Just do it. NO is NOT an option! Sometimes I just drive and play music full blast. Or walk around the mall for a while. You have to take time for you, even if its just a hour a day. Tell hubby to get over it. :)
Tuned.Out
by Member on Jul. 15, 2014 at 9:33 PM

Every day, pretty much all day long is "me" time for me.

Maries_Mom23
by Member on Jul. 15, 2014 at 9:36 PM

Every day, even though DH is at work from 6:30am-6:30pm.  I know that on most days, the girls won't wake until at least 8:00 (7:30 at the earliest).  I set my alarm for 7, gotta take my meds at that time anyway. I stay up, make my coffee and watch I Love Lucy until they wake.  At night, once they're in bed, I take a  shower or relax in the tub.  I make it a point to have everything done before bedtime, so that I'm not tempted to put that load of laundry away or clean whatever.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN