Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

Daughter wants to live w dad

Posted by on Jul. 16, 2014 at 2:42 PM
  • 12 Replies
My daughter is 10 an wants to go live with her dad. He reason behind this is because she wants to experience the school where he lives an see if it's something she likes ! (He lives about an hour from) I'm not sure I should let her go because she is only 10. Don't get me wrong she is very mature for a 10 year old an her dad is great with her an would do anything for her. If any of u have been through this an could give me a little advice to help me make my decision that would be great. Thank you !
by on Jul. 16, 2014 at 2:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jul. 16, 2014 at 2:48 PM
1 mom liked this
I say let her! The grass is not always greener, she may be back. It would be good for her to explore her options. I know it will be hard for you.
Deee6
by Member on Jul. 16, 2014 at 2:49 PM
1 mom liked this

I don't really have advice. It is a very hard spot to be in. Do you trust your EX to be a good Dad? Will she get everything including attention while she lives there? I hope it works out for you. Keep us informed. (((hugs)))

Dru13
by New Member on Jul. 16, 2014 at 2:52 PM
Yes he is a good father to her. She is his world I know he would never hurt her or put her in harms way. Just the thought of not seeing my daughter every morning makes me sick. I kinda feel like I might be a little selfish with her an maybe that's why I don't want to let her go !
quinnsmom715
by on Jul. 16, 2014 at 6:34 PM
2 moms liked this

tell her she needs to really be sure she wants this because its not good to keep going back and forth between schools..

cali_angel_girl
by Amy on Jul. 16, 2014 at 6:39 PM
1 mom liked this

Since he is a good father I would let her do it. However I would let her know if she does she is going to have to stay the full school year.

Mommy2bbyboy
by on Jul. 16, 2014 at 6:40 PM
1 mom liked this
Let her live with her dad. Let her experience it. If she doesn't like it, she can always go back home. No biggie.

I know you will miss her, but that's part of our kids growing up. :(
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 17, 2014 at 11:15 AM

Since you said he is a good dad, let her do it.

You are admiting you don't want to just because you are selfish (in this case is not being selfish I think is more sadness) and if you don't let her she will always hold that against you and in the long term, it will hurt your relationship with her more than you think.

Sunshine2plus2
by Bronze Member on Jul. 17, 2014 at 11:39 AM

In the laws eyes she has no choice but if you think its a good deal and he is a good dad. I say why not since she is asking!

bhow
by on Jul. 17, 2014 at 2:27 PM

I would help her pack and drop her off with all of my best.

Call me if you have any questions.

If you think you want to move back, we'll talk about it.

See ya'!!

happynewyorker
by Member on Jul. 17, 2014 at 4:03 PM

It shouldn't matter if she's 10.  If she wants to go, let her.  She can always return home if she doesn't like it.

I have a relative that daughter moved with her dad because she didn't get along with her step dad.  She'd visit her mom on holidays and school vacation.  She loved it. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)