Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

Its been 2 weeks and she still hasn't apologized. MIL issues****UPDATE*****

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 40 Replies

So yesterday we had a bake sale for the football team and guess who shows up with brownies. I was completely shocked and all I could say was thank you and continued on with the sale. I wasnt going to be a bitch in front of everyone and the grocery store. I told my husband after that he needs to tell her either she is going to apologize or she needs to stay away from me. She does not get to act like nothing happened! I was so PISSED!

By the way I have no problems confronting her or my own issues but I feel strongly in this case that he needs to stand up for me, since I already did. He needs her to know that he is not going to let her treat his wife this way. He agreed of course and said that he had already said something to her but if he needs to again he will. She has got some nerve!

I will try to keep this as short as possible.

2 weeks ago I asked my MIL to watch our 6 yr old, she said sure but that she had one thing to do and she'd come get him after. No problem, he can sit with our 12 yr old for like an hour because I had to be somewhere. She said just leave the car seat and its all good. Well I forgot to leave the seat, I've been very busy and it just slipped my mind, BUT, we have 2 just for that reason and its in our other vehicle in the driveway. Well she called me and FLIPPED OUT and ripped me apart on the phone complete with cuss words and calling me brain dead saying I drink too much beer. Let's clear something up right now, I do not. She doesnt drink at all and neither does most of my husbands family so if I have a couple of beers with dinner or after the kids go to bed, thats too much according to her. Well she got the other seat but before that continued to bad mouth me in front of my kids and my daughter called after they left telling me what she said and was pretty upset. I finished working and went and picked up my son and she went off on me again. I told her she better never talk about me like that in front of my kids again( oh and my 6 yr old told us she was speaking bad about me too while she had him ) and she will not be seeing our son again until she apologizes to me. She screamed at me that she would CPS because we can't keep him from her, the hell I can't! Watch me! Her and my BIL(they live together) have no legal rights to our son at all.

So its been 2 weeks and not a word from her. I wonder if she will ever apologize. I have acted like an ass to her before(actually one time) and the next day I drove over there and apologized. If I can do it then so can she. I'm done with her if she can't say she's sorry. This is just one incident in a long line of them and I shoudn't have to put up with it any more.

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 18, 2014 at 11:13 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 18, 2014 at 12:19 PM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 18, 2014 at 12:26 PM
Bump
CometGirl
by Member on Jul. 18, 2014 at 2:33 PM

It sounds like you are getting what you want.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 18, 2014 at 2:56 PM

Well yes and no. I honestly couldn't care less if I ever speak to her again, but, I dont want that awkwardness for my husband. She is still his mother and he still loves her and I know he wants our son to be able to see his grandmother. If she would just apologize(and watch her mouth) I wouldnt have to be her best friend but at least we wouldn't have this standing issue between us.

Quoting CometGirl:

It sounds like you are getting what you want.

EireLass
by Ruby Member on Jul. 18, 2014 at 8:56 PM

Depending on the state you live in, she may have rights to your children. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 18, 2014 at 10:00 PM
I've already checked, she doesn't. And there's no reason to take them from us anyway.

Quoting EireLass:

EireLass
by Ruby Member on Jul. 18, 2014 at 10:10 PM
I didnt mean take them. I meant visitation.
But you dont like her, and shes not speaking to you, so it looks like you win.
Quoting Anonymous: I've already checked, she doesn't. And there's no reason to take them from us anyway.

Quoting EireLass:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 18, 2014 at 10:42 PM
Ah yes, but I didn't want to win really. No I don't care for her much but she's still my husbands mother and I know it hurts him to have her act this way and not be a grandma. I would be completely willing to be civil with her if she apologized but I am not going to beg for it.

Quoting EireLass: I didnt mean take them. I meant visitation.
Quoting Anonymous: I've already checked, she doesn't. And there's no reason to take them from us anyway.

Quoting EireLass:

marmie41
by Bronze Member on Jul. 18, 2014 at 10:46 PM
How are going to handle your dh letting his mother see you son? Because as the father he is well within his rights let he'd see him.
EireLass
by Ruby Member on Jul. 18, 2014 at 11:05 PM
Does hubby have an opinion?
Quoting Anonymous: Ah yes, but I didn't want to win really. No I don't care for her much but she's still my husbands mother and I know it hurts him to have her act this way and not be a grandma. I would be completely willing to be civil with her if she apologized but I am not going to beg for it.

Quoting EireLass: I didnt mean take them. I meant visitation.

Quoting EireLass:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN