Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

Would you stay friends with someone like THIS?

Posted by on Jul. 18, 2014 at 2:19 PM
  • 41 Replies

I'm seriously considering ending my friendship with this friend of mine after15yrs. She had a boyfriend who I'd met and hung out with while he was with her, but I didn't know that boyfriend had a pregnant wife and a toddler at home! I saw him out with this woman, a toddler in a stroller, and I thought they looked alike with their dark hair and fair skin and figured them for relatives. He said something to her, she nodded, and he hurried off before I approached. I frowned but went over and introduced myself. She said her name, the last name being his, of course, and I asked how she knew him. She said he was her husband and I managed to catch myself just in time and said, "Oh, he's friends with a friend of mine. Your little boy is so cute!" She smiled and gushed over the boy and the baby on the way a bit and then I excused myself and left. I talked to the friend, asking if she knew, and she said, "Oh, yeah, he's gonna divorce that bitch and dump her and the kids on the curb next week." I was shocked but she seems pretty proud of herself. Would you stay friends with her?

by on Jul. 18, 2014 at 2:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
CometGirl
by Member on Jul. 18, 2014 at 2:26 PM

No way.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jul. 18, 2014 at 2:30 PM
Nope and I would have a few words for her.
KeepOnTryin
by New Member on Jul. 18, 2014 at 2:37 PM
3 moms liked this
That story makes me really sad for the wife. :(

The fact that your friend "seems pretty proud of herself" would definitely be reason enough for me to cut her loose. Who needs friends like that?

I wonder if this guy has cheated before and I wonder if he's actually going to leave his wife? Your friend shouldn't be so smug.
xWonderWomanx
by Kathleen on Jul. 18, 2014 at 2:37 PM

How would you end it? Would you just tell her straight out?

Quoting CometGirl:

No way.

xWonderWomanx
by Kathleen on Jul. 18, 2014 at 2:38 PM

What would you say? I have some choice things in mind...

Quoting Anonymous: Nope and I would have a few words for her.

xWonderWomanx
by Kathleen on Jul. 18, 2014 at 2:39 PM

Yeah, my husband said that, too, that she may be one of several even at this moment in time, or one of a string he's had over the years. Would you say that to her, too, when ending the friendship?

Quoting KeepOnTryin: That story makes me really sad for the wife. :( The fact that your friend "seems pretty proud of herself" would definitely be reason enough for me to cut her loose. Who needs friends like that? I wonder if this guy has cheated before and I wonder if he's actually going to leave his wife? Your friend shouldn't be so smug.

KeepOnTryin
by New Member on Jul. 18, 2014 at 2:42 PM
I think it would probably go in one ear and right out the other. . .

Quoting xWonderWomanx:

Yeah, my husband said that, too, that she may be one of several even at this moment in time, or one of a string he's had over the years. Would you say that to her, too, when ending the friendship?

Quoting KeepOnTryin: That story makes me really sad for the wife. :( The fact that your friend "seems pretty proud of herself" would definitely be reason enough for me to cut her loose. Who needs friends like that? I wonder if this guy has cheated before and I wonder if he's actually going to leave his wife? Your friend shouldn't be so smug.

GertieK
by Silver Member on Jul. 18, 2014 at 3:14 PM

How about the truth?  If she is willing to knowingly go out with a married man, and even be proud of herself, you have no reason to trust her.  Plus, her morals are not ones I would want in my life.  Contact with negative stuff like that tends to bleed over into yur own life, and that is not a good thing. The reality is, he won't leave his wife for her.  And like another poster said, she is probably just one of many he is dangling on a string. 

Quoting xWonderWomanx:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 18, 2014 at 3:22 PM
I would. I've told a friend that what they said shook me to the core and I couldn't be friends with a person like that.

Quoting xWonderWomanx:

How would you end it? Would you just tell her straight out?

Quoting CometGirl:

No way.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jul. 18, 2014 at 3:57 PM
Are your standards and self-esteen that low that you want a guy that is already married? When you fill out paperwork for whatever, what do you check off under the married, single or divorced box, other woman? Good luck when you become the poor gf that he cheats on.

Quoting xWonderWomanx:

What would you say? I have some choice things in mind...

Quoting Anonymous: Nope and I would have a few words for her.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN