Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

washing clothes

Posted by on Jul. 19, 2014 at 7:41 PM
  • 54 Replies
Do you seperate light from dark? I was always raised to do three loads. White, dark,and lights. But my SO says his mom did lights and dark together and white alone. What do you do?
by on Jul. 19, 2014 at 7:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MamAshley4
by New Member on Jul. 19, 2014 at 7:44 PM
3 moms liked this
If I want to bleach whites, then of course I seperate...other than that...nope, I just throw it all in together. And I dont notice a difference wether I seperate or not
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jul. 19, 2014 at 10:32 PM
I do lights, darks and pinks and reds. 3 loads.
amygirl411
by Member on Jul. 20, 2014 at 5:28 PM

Honestly, aside from towels in the dryer, I've always just thrown everything together. If something needs special care, I deal with it. But we don't have much of that. They say that towels carry more "dirt" than clothes .... I just figure that in the dryer they're heavier so they get dried together. Otherwise, everything is washed in cold / cold, cycle depends on how big it is .... if it needs light dried, it gets light dried. I don't do anything special, and the ONLY whites we have are some of his under tshirts / ripped-off-sleeves-tshirts, his socks. I HATE white, esp socks and panties, so I only have one white "dressy" tshirt and that's it. Not to mention I have recently lost lip balm, to find it when I took his only white button up collar work shirt covered in lip balm stains from the dryer .... NO MORE WHITE IN MI CASA haha!

angelaicky
by Member on Jul. 20, 2014 at 5:52 PM
Most of time i separate the whites but i hate laundry so sometimes it all goes in at once.
Leissaintexas
by New Member on Jul. 20, 2014 at 7:08 PM
I don't separate anything unless I'm bleaching towels.
auntangelofsix
by Angel on Jul. 20, 2014 at 8:42 PM
I do darks then whites I was tought to do them separately.
AcheronsWoe
by on Jul. 21, 2014 at 3:48 AM

hahahahaha!  Just whites get bleached with towels.  Otherwise, everything gets tossed  together.

NatesMyBoy
by Member on Jul. 21, 2014 at 3:50 AM
I seperate into three, however if I'm in a hurry and the Colors are not likely to bleed I will wash lights and darks together.
DomsMama07
by Member on Jul. 21, 2014 at 3:51 AM
Whites, towels, clothes.. 3 loads..

Bedding is seperate too..
ElenaC08
by on Jul. 21, 2014 at 4:12 AM
1 mom liked this
A load of towels,a load of whites,load of darks and a load of colors. Blankets sheets seperate.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN