Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

I can't believe this happened!

Posted by on Jul. 20, 2014 at 6:34 PM
  • 8 Replies

DH, our kids and I went out Saturday.  We have a beagle mix(I think he is taller than a pure beagle and as skinny as any whippet I have seen).  We have a 6 foot x 12 foot kennel-run in the basement.  He managed to get out of it, jumped on the door at the top of the steps and managed to lock it!  LOL.

We have small screwdrivers that can be used in the hole that is the emergancy release. 

by on Jul. 20, 2014 at 6:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
CorbinsMumma
by Member on Jul. 20, 2014 at 6:35 PM
Lol dogs are funny
Night_Roane
by Bronze Member on Jul. 20, 2014 at 6:38 PM
Wow he looks part greyhound! Glad you had a screwdriver
nova.mommy
by Bronze Member on Jul. 20, 2014 at 6:41 PM

A whippet looks like a small greyhound.  He is not as tall as several whippets I have known but taller then a standard beagle. 

Quoting Night_Roane: Wow he looks part greyhound! Glad you had a screwdriver

nova.mommy
by Bronze Member on Jul. 20, 2014 at 6:52 PM

I was surprised that he was tall enough(even one step down from the door) to reach the knob.  It has a turn lock, so I guess a claw knocked it just right.

Quoting CorbinsMumma: Lol dogs are funny

Leissaintexas
by New Member on Jul. 20, 2014 at 7:07 PM
It looks like a treeing walker hound, in which case I can totally believe he climbed the kennel. They climb trees to tree raccoons.
Valentina327
by on Jul. 21, 2014 at 4:26 AM
Little nut! LOL

My lab used to lock herself in the bathroom at my old townhouse... They're so goofy!
nova.mommy
by Bronze Member on Jul. 21, 2014 at 10:07 AM

He didn't climb it.  It is a chain link kennel made for indoor/outdoor use we got for our last dog while we where in my husbands town house so he could be outside and have room to feel free.  The first dog bent the chain link and this dog was able to bend it a little more so he could fit through.  The dog we bought it for was almost 100 pounds, so we figured this dog would love it and have plenty of room to play.

Quoting Leissaintexas: It looks like a treeing walker hound, in which case I can totally believe he climbed the kennel. They climb trees to tree raccoons.

momofsixangels
by Colleen on Jul. 21, 2014 at 10:08 AM

hahaha  cute dog!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)