Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

Question about purple legs

Posted by on Jul. 21, 2014 at 12:45 AM
  • 5 Replies

Question-my daughters legs turn purple sometimes when she has been on her feet. I mean real purple and you can really see her veins.Im calling her dr but wanted to know if anyone knows what this is caused from?

by on Jul. 21, 2014 at 12:45 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jul. 21, 2014 at 12:50 AM
my legs do the same exact thing it's weird. but nothing serious. my doctor's always said it was nothing. freaks me out still to this day tho.lol just sit more frequently if possible. it helps.
momofsixangels
by Colleen on Jul. 21, 2014 at 12:52 AM

Quoting Anonymous: my legs do the same exact thing it's weird. but nothing serious. my doctor's always said it was nothing. freaks me out still to this day tho.lol just sit more frequently if possible. it helps.

Thank-you. Ive never saeen it before and I was freaked out. She is 15 and of course iM thinking heart problem,diabetes,kidneys. Dont google things lol I am more freaked out now

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jul. 21, 2014 at 1:00 AM
haha. that's the same thing I did and I was so worried I was gonna die or something went in and the doctor and looked at me like I was crazy. said if anything it's just like when blood rushes to your head but vice versa. Just sit more often an most of the time it's not painful sometimes pressure but I assume it's from all the blood and it's never actually painful
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 21, 2014 at 9:27 AM

It's probably worth mentioning to her doctor just to be sure there's nothing more serious going on.

Memere60
by Member on Jul. 21, 2014 at 9:31 AM

At 15, I would still get it checked out. My sister in law has a similar problem, but she is 58 and obese. She has to wear compression stockings every day. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)