Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

Are you getting caught up in the madness that is 'back to school' season?

Posted by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 9:49 AM
  • 6 Replies

I was out shopping yesterday and although school doesn't start  here for another month, people are already crowding the stores for bts stuff. It doesn't help that all the commericals and store ads are for bts sales. 

The school supplies aisle at Target looks like the first day of school is tomorrow not next month and the Staples parking lot that never has more than 2 cars in it at a time is jam packed. While I do not wait until the last minute, I don't shop this early either. I still want to enjoy the summer and let him enjoy it as well before having to worry about bts.

Anyone getting caught up in the BTS madness? Have you started shopping yet? 

by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 9:49 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Eddy_G
by Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 1:37 PM

Nah, we don't worry about that until a week before school - this is because my kids tend to grow like weeds in the 6 weeks off.  pointless buying anything now.

Nisha929
by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 10:01 PM

I did all of my shopping (minus supplies) last week and it was a breeze. We're actually going to buy supplies tomorrow. I was waiting for a list but I don't think that's coming anytime soon so I'll just wing it.  

mariesmama
by Bronze Member on Jul. 24, 2014 at 5:13 AM

done shopping dd needs new socks&shoes

nurse1997
by Silver Member on Jul. 24, 2014 at 10:29 AM

I'm done with every thing..... School supplies,school clothes,shoes,backpacks . I have 3 kids my girls are in High School and my son is in 8 Th grade . I started early to avoid the craziness but more than anything I started early so when registration for school came I was not paying 3,000 grand at one time . I spent about $700 per kid on school supplies and all the extras but registration will also cost about $800 for all 3. I have one daughter that will be taking  3 dual classes for collage and those are 75 bucks a piece! My husband says we are hemorrhaging money lol but thank god I'm done !

Sarlinda
by on Jul. 24, 2014 at 12:49 PM

We took the girls this past Monday night and bought their supplies. We still have a cpl things to get. We are going school clothes shopping this weekend. :)  School doesn't start here til Aug. 18th but time flies so I like to get it done.

jenn75
by Member on Jul. 24, 2014 at 3:25 PM
Mine goes back August. 8th.
Ive gotten all her stuff but when I see some essentials for super sale, I get it.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN