Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

She took a selfie at Auschwitz!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 31 Replies
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 24, 2014 at 12:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
EireLass
by Ruby Member on Jul. 24, 2014 at 12:41 PM
4 moms liked this

She was a tourist with the site in her background. Normal photo. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 25, 2014 at 10:18 AM
She said the holocaust was the only thing in history she was interested in, however, looks like she did not understand anything about it.

A picture taken in a sad place is one thing, a selfie posted like that and with that caption is a complete insult and lack of respect.

If she really thinks there is nothing wrong with that, I'd love to see her doing the same, similar caption on ground zero.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 25, 2014 at 10:19 AM
1 mom liked this

did you even read the story?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jul. 25, 2014 at 10:25 AM

I've never been to Auschwitz but I have been to Dachau in Germany. The sense of torture and dispair in a place like that is thick. You can't leave from someplace like that unaffected. It would be hard for me to take a selfie in front of it with a huge smile on my face. But hey, that's me.

AliKatAK47
by Bronze Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 10:34 AM
1 mom liked this

I don't see anything wrong with it. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jul. 25, 2014 at 5:34 PM
1 mom liked this

So I guess I was wrong for taking a picture of myself and a friend when we visited Dachau Concentration Camp and had a smile on my face. 

I was on TDY orders in Germany and our Commander took all of us there because he felt that it was important for all of us to see Dachau.  We took a picture in front of the plaque that was hanging there that stated that the brigade that we were part of was the first troops that came in and took over the camp and freed the prisoners.  It was significant to us. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 26, 2014 at 11:03 AM

I hope you didn't post the picture with a caption like hers ('selfie in the Auschwitz Concentration Camp,' and a smiley emoji.)

Your reason has a meaning, hers doesn't

Quoting Anonymous:

So I guess I was wrong for taking a picture of myself and a friend when we visited Dachau Concentration Camp and had a smile on my face. 

I was on TDY orders in Germany and our Commander took all of us there because he felt that it was important for all of us to see Dachau.  We took a picture in front of the plaque that was hanging there that stated that the brigade that we were part of was the first troops that came in and took over the camp and freed the prisoners.  It was significant to us. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 26, 2014 at 11:04 AM

Did you read the caption?

'selfie in the Auschwitz Concentration Camp,' and a smiley emoji.

Quoting AliKatAK47:

couture-mommy
by New Member on Jul. 26, 2014 at 11:06 AM
There's nothing wrong with it
AliKatAK47
by Bronze Member on Jul. 26, 2014 at 11:08 AM

She described the picture. It is a selfie at auschwitz. And she is smiling in the picture so obviously she is happy to be there, hence the smily emoji.  It may have been offensive if she was doing something offensive in the picture. Like twerking on a building or something. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Did you read the caption?

'selfie in the Auschwitz Concentration Camp,' and a smiley emoji.

Quoting AliKatAK47:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)