Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

"Adults Only/No Children" Invitation Fun and Creative Wording

Posted by on Jul. 24, 2014 at 11:39 PM
  • 13 Replies

I am currently making invitations for my and mum's joint birthday (30th/60th). We would like to have an adults only party (0 and under expected). I have read many forums saying to just flat out write "Adults Only" so it is clear and straight forward. However, I would like to write something more fun/witty/creative for saying no children and then in a smaller font underneath that phrase/sentence I will put "Adults Only" for clarity. Does anyone have any suggests for a fun way to say "adults only"?

Thank you!

by on Jul. 24, 2014 at 11:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jul. 25, 2014 at 3:07 AM
1 mom liked this

Can you say something like "Book your babysitters now, this party is only for grown-ups". I found that one just Googling, I'm sure there are others out there. You cold say something like Because of limited space for the party, adults only please" if there just isn't room for them all to come. Or "No one under 21 admitted" , depending on how blunt you want to be with it. You can make tickets to the party, so only sending two tickets could help get the point across, too. Then you can use then for a raffle drawing or something the day of the party. I think maybe just also put the adults you are inviting on the invitation, such as Mr. and Mrs. Jack and Melissa Smith, not "The _____ Family" .

jenn75
by Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 8:27 AM
1 mom liked this
I think some people don't take hints or think it's a suggestion not a rule if you're too vague.
I like the one above -"Book your babysitters now..." It's to the point but not rude.
AliKatAK47
by Bronze Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 10:27 AM

Just say adults only. As someone else said, people will take the "creative" way as a suggestion or not take it seriously. If you want someone to take you seriously, you have to be serious

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 25, 2014 at 2:25 PM

I would make sure to include a 21+ or 18+ or whatever age cutoff you like....some people feel their 13 year old is "adult" enough to attend an "adult" party. Just so there is no confusion.

kailu1835
by Bronze Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 2:32 PM

How about: "enjoy an evening away from the kids for a few hours" or something similar?

Clairwil
by Silver Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 3:37 PM

Quoting pickle21:

I would like to write something more fun/witty/creative for saying no children

What is the particular reason why you want this party to be adults only?   Nudity?  Strong language?  Alcohol?  Stuff kids will find boring?

How you phrase it could depend upon your reason (and type of friends).   For instance, "Invitees should be old enough to express strong views upon Kierkegaardian Subjectivity."

pickle21
by New Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 7:57 PM
I will be straight forward about it with the smaller font underneath the phrase. I'm going to write "Adults only, please. Ages 0 and under excepted."

The reason we don't want children is mainly because we plan on serving a lot of alcohol and we don't want parents to be distracted by their kids while we're doing activities and having conversations.

I read a funny one which went something like this "For those with bedtimes after 10pm"
oryxx31
by on Jul. 25, 2014 at 8:05 PM
1 mom liked this
"Must be xx tall to party"
Toonkasmommy
by Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 8:08 PM
2 moms liked this
Keep your crotch fruit in the fridge. ..adults only.
kdclink
by on Jul. 25, 2014 at 11:14 PM

This ones for the big kids in us only. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN