Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

Have you ever smoked it?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

I'm thinking about trying marijuana for the first time (it's legal here) to see if it helps my headaches.

Have you ever smoked it?  Have you noticed any health benefits to getting high?

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 25, 2014 at 10:46 AM
Replies (21-30):
mich2.0
by on Jul. 25, 2014 at 5:28 PM

Why not try a strain with low thc? Or at least eat it.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 10 on Jul. 25, 2014 at 5:30 PM

I have never smoked it and really have no desire to either. 

Just not my idea of fun. 

Starlit_Eyes
by Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 6:58 PM

It's great for stress and it does work on my headaches as well as nausea 

KartofflMuter
by New Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 7:41 PM

Read first.There are various strains and some won't do a thing for your headache. Others are rated medium to high for pain relief. It has nothing to do with getting high. There are oils,jars of balm to rub onto sore spots,edibles, vaporisers, as well as smoking devices and other options.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 11 on Jul. 25, 2014 at 7:54 PM
2 moms liked this

Quoting mich2.0:

Why not try a strain with low thc? Or at least eat it.

I agree about eating or drinking it.

That way you don't have the smoke. 

I also agree with the post below that you should research what strains will be good for a headache.

Lastly, start with a very small dose and make sure that you are in a good situation (not taking care of kids or driving)  since everyone responds differently. The fact that it is legal where you are is a great advantage since you can actually know what you are getting.

Legalize Pot

Hope it helps, OP!

• Good For Headache | Medical Marijuana Strains

www.medicalmarijuanastrains.com/tag/headache-relief/
    Potency: 8/10 Not the strongest but seems to work for the duration of the night before bedtime. Reviewed by: j-a-m farms. Good Strain For: Nausea,Headache ...
  • Good for Migraines | Medical Marijuana Strains

www.medicalmarijuanastrains.com/tag/good-for-migraines/
    Potency: 9/10. Reviewed by: TheGanjaGuru. Good Strain For: Anxiety, Stress,MigrainesHeadaches, Nausea, Dizziness, Brainstorming. Cali Big Bud Marijuana.
  • Migraines Marijuana Strains and Edibles - Leafly

www.leafly.com/explore/conditions-migraines
    Leafly
    Search for cannabis strains by their effects. Find the best medical marijuana to alleviate your insomnia, nausea, or just make you laugh.
  • [MigrainesBest Strains For Migraines? - Medical Marijuana Usage ...

forum.grasscity.com › ... › Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications
    Mar 23, 2012 - 15 posts - ‎14 authors
    lots of strains will help with migraines. some better than others. but leafly.com is agood website ... Best relief for me has come from Hindu Kush.

momofsixangels
    by Colleen on Jul. 25, 2014 at 9:23 PM

Yep many many years ago. Made me hungry

hisBonus2
    by Member on Jul. 26, 2014 at 7:29 AM
    2 moms liked this

Oh, Honey...let me count the ways... ha...I'm a daily user. Most of marijuana's greatness is from it's medicinal capabilities. I've used it throughout my life for: fibroid pain, menstrual pain, tooth pain and COMPLETE relief (albeit temporary, for the hours the medicine works) from a flu, WITH A FEVER!! When you seek out a high CBD content, that's where your medicinal powers come in. It sounds magical, and well, it is... : ) The children and adults you've been seeing on television or hearing about, that were getting their LIVES BACK, were taking a high CBD contents liquid!!  **Okay, about your headaches! -- ha  I'm smoking something now called Bluedream. It's just that. You can see it keeps one focused enough to type : )  But it may not be the same for you..and of course, don't drive, being intoxicating like alcohol. You should make sure you don't have to drive and someone can help take care of kids if you get inebriated.. : ) When I was younger, people didn't get high from the first one. These new strains are diffrent.. I would take a little at first, one drag at time, to see your tolerance level. It sure doesn't take much, if it's very good. I smoke out of a little glass pipe. I get dizzy (dizziness problem) from using a bong. It crumbles down pretty low. You won't have that much in there, but when you get used to it, you won't have to use much. Just go relax your head, lie down. I bought a 1/4 oz of m any things today. You can start with 1/8 though..and try a few different strains, if you like. The "budtenders," proper ones, should be more than happy to choose some good strains for you. There are sites too, that can help. I went to Leafly.com. They will let you know most strains' potency and side effects. it's really nice.There are also sites where you can buy pipes discreetly. Good luck and let us know.. ohh Happy 420 in California haha Peace fingers crossed

mamamiajk
    by Platinum Member on Jul. 26, 2014 at 8:31 AM
    1 mom liked this

Oh Yes....have been for many years and the only thing wrong with it is the fact they haven't made it legal....Yet

fudgybuddymom
    by Member on Jul. 26, 2014 at 10:00 AM

I have tried it when i was married(he smoked it all the time for pain) but I didn't like it cause it caused me to feel out of control. But it is useful in a lot of illnesses ie for pain,glaucoma,cancer & probably headaches too. We only are allowed medical use marijuana in NY state which means it has to be prescribed by an MD.

Anonymous
    by Anonymous 12 on Jul. 26, 2014 at 10:12 AM
    2 moms liked this

I smoke it daily. For me the benefits are that it helps me relax. It opens my mind and helps me to write, It relives minor pains and minor depression for me as well. Be careful not to smoke too much or it will cause a headache.

Add your quick reply below:
    You must be a member to reply to this post.
    Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
    Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
    other members!
    Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN