Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

Parents get outraged at things targeted at young kids like Bratz dolls and Toy Guns but....

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 54 Replies
4 moms liked this
no one ever gets outraged on religion and the bible being forced on kids. Why is that?
The bible is probably the most violent, oppressive and sexist book ever written and portrays a supposedly all loving being as a petty tyrant. Why would you want your kids learning about that? I'm completely serious, this isn't a "let's bash the Christians" troll post. Any of you who know the bible, in any amount, know exactly what I'm talking about. Stories of rape( then the rapist has to marry the girl ), murders of children for misbehaving ( being mauled by bears ), mass extinction of entire cities for not obeying god. How can anyone think that's ok to teach kids. What proves my point even more is the fact that there are children's bibles and books that conveniently leave all the bad stuff out. Why? If the bible and god is so great then why have to edit?
Personally I find it all very disturbing and am so glad I'm raising my kids without all that. If they ask I will tell them how I feel, and I have, and encourage them to read the bible and other religious books and decide for themselves. Hopefully they will be intelligent enough to not fall for religion but whatever they choose is their choice, I'll still support them no matter what.

Oh and I made this post because of something I just read about a parent getting all bent out of shape over some Monster High dolls.
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 27, 2014 at 1:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jenn75
by Member on Jul. 27, 2014 at 1:43 PM
Ok.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 27, 2014 at 1:45 PM
Ok what?

Quoting jenn75: Ok.
jenn75
by Member on Jul. 27, 2014 at 1:50 PM
Ok. That's your opinion.

Quoting Anonymous: Ok what?

Quoting jenn75: Ok.
Cass84
by on Jul. 27, 2014 at 1:54 PM
1 mom liked this

You can feel that way, but I don't see bibles being sold at toys r us, or mother mary barbie, so not sure what you mean by it being forced on kids?  and no one is forcing anyone to buy Bratz either or happy meals. EVERY PARENT HAS A CHOICE.

can you give an example of religion being forced onto kids?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 27, 2014 at 1:57 PM
1 mom liked this
Absolutely I can!
How about telling them from birth that god is real, making them go to church and/or bible study every Sunday. Giving them bibles as gifts and making them believe the bible is truth.
Leading them to believe that your religion, which ever one it might be, is the right one.

Quoting Cass84:

You can feel that way, but I don't see bibles being sold at toys r us, or mother mary barbie, so not sure what you mean by it being forced on kids?  and no one is forcing anyone to buy Bratz either or happy meals. EVERY PARENT HAS A CHOICE.

Cass84
by on Jul. 27, 2014 at 2:02 PM
9 moms liked this

OH, you mean people raising THEIR own kids the way they choose to, same as you raising YOUR kids the way you choose. No one is forcing YOUR kids to be Christians. Don't  be a hypocrite.

Quoting Anonymous: Absolutely I can! How about telling them from birth that god is real, making them go to church and/or bible study every Sunday. Giving them bibles as gifts and making them believe the bible is truth. Leading them to believe that your religion, which ever one it might be, is the right one.
Quoting Cass84:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 27, 2014 at 2:11 PM

In my house, no religion and no popular culture junk either.

Bratz Dolls in Illuminati Masquerade Ball

Jan 3rd, 2012 | Category: Latest News |215 Comments

Hello one-eye symbolism.

Bratz dolls are basically younger, sluttier versions of Barbie dolls. They’ve always annoyed me because I personally feel that young children should just be kids and should enjoy their innocence while they can. And, to me, Bratz are another way to promote sexuality, superficiality and even celebrity to young girls. But maybe I’m just acting like a grumpy old man looking at new toys and saying in a disapproving tone: “We don’t have the toys we used to”.

Bratz however took things to a whole other level with its new Masquerade collection by incorporating in it all out Illuminati symbolism. Masquerade balls (also known as Illuminati balls) originate from obscure occult Secret Societies who organized these gatherings for ceremonial and ritualistic purposes. These balls often ended with orgies with the masks playing on the anonymity of the sexual partner (see the movie Eyes Wide Shut). Is there a reason why young girls should recreate the occult elite’s ceremonial parties?

Here we have a couple of vampires dancing on a ritualistic checkerboard Masonic floor. Plus, on the left, a sex-kitten checking everything out.

Here’s the promotional video for the collection and see how Illuminati symbolism is promoted to kids.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 27, 2014 at 2:20 PM
I agree with you.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jul. 27, 2014 at 3:00 PM
1 mom liked this
I like how you coveniantly forget the benefits of church and faith.
Enjoy being a hypocrite.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 27, 2014 at 3:02 PM
What benefits can those provide that other activities can't? There are many ways to be social and you can teach your children morals and kindness without religion.

Quoting Anonymous: I like how you coveniantly forget the benefits of church and faith.
Enjoy being a hypocrite.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN