Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

having a baby at 44?

Posted by on Jul. 29, 2014 at 8:04 AM
  • 75 Replies
1 mom liked this

Ok husband and I are thinking about another baby. I am so concerned about birth defects and problems.  Anyone have a baby at 44 plus and things are ok ?  just want to grab some input  :)

by on Jul. 29, 2014 at 8:04 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
applesnbananas
by Member on Jul. 29, 2014 at 8:21 AM
I'm done at 35, 8weeks pregnant now, this is it for us. My husband and I have been knowing my time was running out. How many kids do you have? How old are they?
indymom72
by Member on Jul. 29, 2014 at 8:25 AM
1 mom liked this

One of my friends just had a surprise baby at 43 and he's perfect.

usndolphin
by Member on Jul. 29, 2014 at 8:29 AM

we have one child  in college.  had 2 miscarriages

Quoting applesnbananas: I'm done at 35, 8weeks pregnant now, this is it for us. My husband and I have been knowing my time was running out. How many kids do you have? How old are they?

applesnbananas
by Member on Jul. 29, 2014 at 8:31 AM
Well, it's now or never. Good luck to you!

Quoting usndolphin:

Quoting applesnbananas: I'm done at 35, 8weeks pregnant now, this is it for us. My husband and I have been knowing my time was running out. How many kids do you have? How old are they?

usndolphin
by Member on Jul. 29, 2014 at 8:34 AM
1 mom liked this

thank you.. just scary  but we think we want to give it a go. doc says all is good.  just looking for those happy stories.  congrats on yours !

Quoting applesnbananas: Well, it's now or never. Good luck to you!
Quoting usndolphin:

CameraMum
by New Member on Jul. 29, 2014 at 8:35 AM
1 mom liked this
I actually was just speaking to my oncologist/gynecologist about this. I turn 42 this year and hubby and I were talking about maybe having one more baby, seems cancer can change your life plans and make you rethink a lot of things, lol.

With proper prenatal care (including before you get pregnant) the risks of being an older mother are no where as great as they use to be even 5 years ago. If you are thinking about trying, go see you OB and start prenatals.
usndolphin
by Member on Jul. 29, 2014 at 8:37 AM

ty  did talk with ob  all seems good.  i will be 44 in november.  just want to hear some good stuff. good luck to you too :)

Quoting CameraMum: I actually was just speaking to my oncologist/gynecologist about this. I turn 42 this year and hubby and I were talking about maybe having one more baby, seems cancer can change your life plans and make you rethink a lot of things, lol. With proper prenatal care (including before you get pregnant) the risks of being an older mother are no where as great as they use to be even 5 years ago. If you are thinking about trying, go see you OB and start prenatals.

smorgan865
by Member on Jul. 29, 2014 at 8:38 AM
1 mom liked this
A woman I know on another site had her eggs tested for "age". She was 43, and her eggs tested at like 36 or so, and she had genetic prescreening done. She had trouble conceiving on her own (also had trouble conceiving in the past 10 years to get her first, hence her "advanced maternal age") they had success with IVF first round. Her son is now almost 2 and perfectly healthy!
usndolphin
by Member on Jul. 29, 2014 at 8:39 AM

thank you :)

Quoting applesnbananas: Well, it's now or never. Good luck to you!
Quoting usndolphin:

usndolphin
by Member on Jul. 29, 2014 at 8:42 AM

wow think that is good idea.. ty  think going to fertelity specilist is where i need to start and have my eggs tested.  didnt even know to do that.  the ob i went to said i was healthy and no problem, but good to get a real idea  :)

Quoting smorgan865: A woman I know on another site had her eggs tested for "age". She was 43, and her eggs tested at like 36 or so, and she had genetic prescreening done. She had trouble conceiving on her own (also had trouble conceiving in the past 10 years to get her first, hence her "advanced maternal age") they had success with IVF first round. Her son is now almost 2 and perfectly healthy!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)