Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

going to a concert alone???

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 20 Replies

I have a question for everyone...I bought tickets this week to The Band Perry at the local fairgrounds here, and I

had planned to go with my husband, but he won't get home in time that day to go.  He's usually out of town

on   business during the weekdays, and home on weekends.  Well, I've been wanting to go to a concert for a

long time now...and it looks like no one will be able to go with me.  The concert is at night....8:00 pm, in a rural

area at the county fairgrounds....there is a county fair going on there at the same time.  Well, I feel pathetic

going by myself...I've asked a lot of friends, but they either don't like the band or are busy..

My husband said to take my son with me....he's 16 years old and doesn't want to go....what would you do?

The tickets were $35.00 a piece....I feel pathetic going alone....but if I wait until my husband can do things with

me......I will never do anything...because his work schedule is so crazy.  Most of my close friends' budgets

don't allow for concert tickets, or they are busy with family obligations....taking care of an elderly relative, or

grandchildren, etc.     I just feel a little uneasy going alone at night,,,as well as kind of pathetic going by

myself....i also need to add that we  (my husband and I individually) each  have taken turns taking our son

to many concerts

and sat through them  with him  when we

didn't like the band at ALL!  I just feel silly asking my son to go, but my husband thinks that I should.

What would you do?  

Thanks for the feedback in advance!

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 30, 2014 at 12:02 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
2007mommy2be
by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 12:13 AM
Take me. Cali? Lol. Um if you want your son to go, ask him. If not then go alone. I say there's nothing wrong with that.
cara124
by Member on Jul. 30, 2014 at 12:16 AM
Ask your son could be great bonding time
bcauseimthemom
by Member on Jul. 30, 2014 at 8:35 AM

I would pull the parent card and let him know that since that you have gone to concerts with him that you didn't like and that you are his mom and he is a minor, he gets to suck it up....

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 30, 2014 at 3:11 PM

If you want him to go with you, ask him, and maybe bribe him by saying you'll go eat where he likes or something like that afterwards. If you want to go solo, though, do so, just make sure you keep your valuables on your person out of sight and you're extra careful about going to and from your car, etc.

faire_jour
by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 3:17 PM

I've gone to shows alone. I just chat with the people there. I mean, obviously we at least have the same taste in music!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 30, 2014 at 3:21 PM
1 mom liked this

There's nothing wrong with going alone and you could always chat with the people there.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jul. 30, 2014 at 3:34 PM
1 mom liked this

I'd go in a heart beat if it were a band I really liked. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jul. 30, 2014 at 9:22 PM

Just go! 

MelanieJK
by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 9:28 PM

It should be an easy call to go but hearing about people disappearing when they're alone is disconcerting.    

I think it would be better to take your son but you should go either way.    Just be very alert.

Karen24
by Member on Jul. 31, 2014 at 9:55 AM
1 mom liked this
I've gone to concerts alone. It's kind of fun. Hey, it's a night out!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)