Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

HELP! IS THIS NORMAL?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 7 Replies
Really need opinions and advice. I've been married to my 2nd husband 6 years. He had 3 kids from his 1st marriage as did I. We have 1 together. There has been a lot if "blended family" issues. My 24 year old daughter (preg with her 1st) is visiting from another state. She isn't staying with us cuz DH won't let them sleep in same bed. He agreed to pay her $50 to do some cleaning-she wanted to earn some $. I worked 12 hours and when I got home DH started harping on me saying "what did she do?" Wiping hands on BR counters saying they weren't even clean. I told him she vacuumed window sills. Caught him running hands over them to check. Told me felt "taken advantage of". I ended up giving him $50 out of my purse. I deal with this type of stuff all the time. I feel like he has become a "bully" and I am sooooo sad. Heartbroken. Don't know what to do. Our daughter is only 3. Thoughts please! We are in counseling but it doesn't seem to be helping :(
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 30, 2014 at 10:18 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 30, 2014 at 10:22 AM

Well for $50. yeah a lot more cleaned should of been done other than vacuuming and the window sills. And how is that being a bully?? What he actually wants to make her WORK for money?? How horrid. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 30, 2014 at 12:24 PM
She did a lot more than that! I just didn't list it all. She worked for 5-6 hours and I wanted to help my daughter out! Shame on me!!!
nurse1997
by Silver Member on Jul. 30, 2014 at 9:35 PM
2 moms liked this

No shame on your husband NOT YOU screw it slip her girl the 50 bucks on the side and call it a day !

Quoting Anonymous: She did a lot more than that! I just didn't list it all. She worked for 5-6 hours and I wanted to help my daughter out! Shame on me!!!

Dardenella
by Member on Jul. 31, 2014 at 6:53 PM

If you want to GIVEsome one monety to help them out, that is fine.  If you hire someone, even a reative to do a job, you have th right to expect value for your money,  I have no idea what kind of a job she did.

If she is  not married to the man and you hae a pg household thn  agree tat they shoud not be sleeping under your roof.

I have to be honest, when relatives come into town, they do not ask for some work for money.  I find this whole thing curious.

KRIZZ25
by Member on Jul. 31, 2014 at 7:02 PM
2 moms liked this
tell him get stick out and get over it ..damn..
csxt99
by New Member on Aug. 1, 2014 at 2:39 AM

It sounds like it's normal for him. Considering that you said you have problems and are in counseling that is not working, I would be planning for my next divorce and get rid of him.

GertieK
by Silver Member on Aug. 1, 2014 at 9:42 AM

I'm still stuck on the "sleep in the same bed" part.  Won't let who sleep with who in what bed?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)