Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

Is it ever okay for a man to hit a woman?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 373 Replies
41 moms liked this

So I saw a post in another group about how people are all up in arms over Whoopi Goldberg saying that if a woman hits a man, she shouldn't be surprised if he hits her back. Now, she didn't say it's okay for a man to hit a woman, but just that she shouldn't be too surprised if he does if she hit him first, but people are taking it completely wrong and saying that even if a woman hits a man, he should NEVER hit her back.

I disagree. I think if you, male or female, decide to hit someone, you should be prepared for them to hit you back. Gender is irrelevant. You shouldn't hit people, but if you do, well, be ready for the consequences.

What do you think? Is it ever okay for a man to hit a woman?

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 30, 2014 at 2:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 30, 2014 at 2:29 PM
18 moms liked this
No one should hit anyone ever.
Goodybag1
by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 2:33 PM
9 moms liked this
Umm.. I'm raising my son not to get girls. Today it's so many people who feel if the girl hits first, he can hit her back. I think it's unfair because they're so much stronger.
Gypsy.Mama
by New Member on Jul. 30, 2014 at 2:39 PM
47 moms liked this

I have seen women going after men like wild animals. Yeah it is ok to DEFEND yourself so you can get away and not be injured. To go past that is wrong. But you are not a punching bag just because you have a penis. Women use the excuse of men should never hit women to abuse men. It has to stop.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 30, 2014 at 3:01 PM
2 moms liked this

I agree. It's ridiculous to think that to some it's okay for a woman to hit a man but not for a man to hit a woman.

Quoting Anonymous: No one should hit anyone ever.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 30, 2014 at 3:02 PM
9 moms liked this

That's not necessarily true, though. There are plenty of females who are as physically strong as males or stronger. That's a very old-fashioned idea to think that it's okay for her to hit him but he can't hit her because she's weaker. Instead, she should be taught not to hit him, either.

Quoting Goodybag1: Umm.. I'm raising my son not to get girls. Today it's so many people who feel if the girl hits first, he can hit her back. I think it's unfair because they're so much stronger.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 30, 2014 at 3:04 PM
12 moms liked this

Yep. I saw a girl jump a guy a foot taller than her and just beat the crap out of him. And he just took it, for the longest time, letting her claw at his face and punch and kick and bite him, until finally, after about 10min, he had enough, and shoved her off him. She called the cops and claimed he hit her and was horrified when the cops took HER to jail instead because she didn't have a mark on her but he had a black eye, a busted lip, and scratch marks all over. Nobody should be a punching bag, male or female, but everyone has a right to defend themselves - not taking it too far, but to defend themselves against attack.

Quoting Gypsy.Mama:

I have seen women going after men like wild animals. Yeah it is ok to DEFEND yourself so you can get away and not be injured. To go past that is wrong. But you are not a punching bag just because you have a penis. Women use the excuse of men should never hit women to abuse men. It has to stop.

Goodybag1
by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 3:08 PM
3 moms liked this
Ok well I'm thirty and I've never met a man I'm stronger that Not 1.

Quoting Anonymous:

That's not necessarily true, though. There are plenty of females who are as physically strong as males or stronger. That's a very old-fashioned idea to think that it's okay for her to hit him but he can't hit her because she's weaker. Instead, she should be taught not to hit him, either.

Quoting Goodybag1: Umm.. I'm raising my son not to get girls. Today it's so many people who feel if the girl hits first, he can hit her back. I think it's unfair because they're so much stronger.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 30, 2014 at 3:09 PM
8 moms liked this

I'm 38 and I've met several.

Quoting Goodybag1: Ok well I'm thirty and I've never met a man I'm stronger that Not 1.
Quoting Anonymous:

Goodybag1
by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 3:14 PM
1 mom liked this
Good for you;)

Quoting Anonymous:

I'm 38 and I've met several.

Quoting Goodybag1: Ok well I'm thirty and I've never met a man I'm stronger that Not 1.

Quoting Anonymous:

lanceandhailey
by Bronze Member on Jul. 30, 2014 at 3:15 PM
15 moms liked this

if a woman hits a man, she shouldn't be surprised if he hits her back

Completely agree

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN