Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

She'd rather not speak to us or see her grandson than apologize. Sad.

Posted by on Jul. 31, 2014 at 7:12 PM
  • 18 Replies
My MIL. I can't believe it's been 3 weeks and she still won't apologize for what she did. I'm not budging this time. She went too far.
by on Jul. 31, 2014 at 7:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
my4kids274
by Bronze Member on Jul. 31, 2014 at 7:14 PM
What did she do if you do not mind telling me.
teri4lance
by Bronze Member on Jul. 31, 2014 at 7:18 PM
2 moms liked this

bonus - 3 weeks of peace

momofthem311
by Silver Member on Jul. 31, 2014 at 7:20 PM
She called and ripped me apart over the phone for forgetting to leave her something while she was watching our son, then again when I went and picked him up and while she had him she bad mouthed me in front of him and also my daughter when she picked him up from our house.
This is not the first time she's been rude to me or my kids and I've always gotten over it. Bad mouthing me in front of my kids when I'm not around is crossing way over the line.

Quoting my4kids274: What did she do if you do not mind telling me.
momofthem311
by Silver Member on Jul. 31, 2014 at 7:22 PM
You're right and I should stop worrying about it, guess I've just never encountered someone so stubborn and I'm so shocked she would just not see her grandson. Just say your sorry, how hard is that?

Quoting teri4lance:

bonus - 3 weeks of peace

my4kids274
by Bronze Member on Jul. 31, 2014 at 7:23 PM
I can understand why you are upset. I am
Sorry she is being that way.

Quoting momofthem311: She called and ripped me apart over the phone for forgetting to leave her something while she was watching our son, then again when I went and picked him up and while she had him she bad mouthed me in front of him and also my daughter when she picked him up from our house.
This is not the first time she's been rude to me or my kids and I've always gotten over it. Bad mouthing me in front of my kids when I'm not around is crossing way over the line.

my4kids274
by Bronze Member on Jul. 31, 2014 at 7:23 PM
I can understand why you are upset. I am

Quoting momofthem311: She called and ripped me apart over the phone for forgetting to leave her something while she was watching our son, then again when I went and picked him up and while she had him she bad mouthed me in front of him and also my daughter when she picked him up from our house.

momofthem311
by Silver Member on Jul. 31, 2014 at 7:25 PM
I guess it's not that I'm that upset anymore, I mean I am but I'm more just confused as to the fact that she's just not going to speak to us instead of just apologizing. How hard is it to say you're sorry.

Quoting my4kids274: I can understand why you are upset. I am

my4kids274
by Bronze Member on Jul. 31, 2014 at 7:42 PM
Some people are just like that. They do like to admit that they are wrong and that they should apologize.

Quoting momofthem311: I guess it's not that I'm that upset anymore, I mean I am but I'm more just confused as to the fact that she's just not going to speak to us instead of just apologizing. How hard is it to say you're sorry.

Quoting my4kids274: I can understand why you are upset. I am

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jul. 31, 2014 at 9:23 PM
1 mom liked this

If you cave in she’ll never respect you and she’ll continue to bad mouth you in front the kids.  Do you really want the kids to be exposed to that kind of disrespectful behavior toward you?  Remember children are like sponges when it comes to learning things at this age. 

artemisa3001
by Bronze Member on Aug. 1, 2014 at 8:35 AM
2 moms liked this
At this point, it's better not to have toxic people around you. Stop worrying and move on.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN