Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

Man's 'Maternity Pics' Go Viral - What do you make of this dad's pics?

Posted by on Aug. 1, 2014 at 9:54 AM
  • 10 Replies

Man's 'Maternity Pics' Go Viral -- You've Gotta See This 'Bump'! (PHOTOS)

by Maressa Brown

druishprincess69 reddit user maternity male photosOpting to do a pregnancy photo shoot is a pretty personal decision for any mom-to-be. Some of us are certainly more comfortable flaunting our pregnant bodies -- nude or not -- than others, and that's perfectly okay! But when one mom recently decided against posing for maternity pics, her husband chose to pose for "male maternity" shots as an alternative. Yes, really.

Austin dad-to-be Justin Sylvester, aka Reddit user DruishPrincess69, posted on the social media site, writing, "My wife didn't want to take maternity pictures, so I hired a photographer and took her place." The result: Viral sensation, obviously!

Check out a couple of photographer Kerri Lohmeier's priceless "man-ternity" photos below.

male maternity photos reddit male maternity photos reddit

Wow, just ... wow. No wonder these have taken the web by storm. Sylvester, who took the photos originally just for his wife, sure gets points for creativity and charm! It's hilarious. Then again, although it's obvious he did this in adoring jest, pregnancy is one of the most empowering things women can lay exclusive claim to ... Dudes can be doting dads, but "take our place" in maternity pics? Ehhhh, NEVER gonna happen -- clearly!

Lohmeier admitted to The Springfield News Sun:

It’s awkward, of course, because he’s a man. We couldn’t stop laughing.

We've gotta thank Sylvester, though, cuz his goofy pics serve to remind us just how legitimately beautiful we are when we're expecting (even if we don't think so), what a miracle pregnancy really is, and how guys only WISH they could be the ones who are lucky enough to be the ones growing a kiddo inside 'em for nine months! But they'll just have to settle for their burrito or beer gut babies 'til science determines otherwise!

More from The Stir12 Most Awkward Pregnancy Photos

What do you make of this dad's pics?

Images by Kerri Lohmeier Photography

by on Aug. 1, 2014 at 9:54 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Aug. 1, 2014 at 10:37 AM

I wouldn't never take pics of myself let alone my dh doing pics.  Ugh. 

LauraBee46
by Member on Aug. 1, 2014 at 1:22 PM
1 mom liked this

It's hilarious, and, frankly, I have grown VERY weary of weekly-updated pregnancy pics.  I get it; you're pregnant, and it's a wonderful thing.  But, you're also pathologically narcissistic to post a new picture of yourself every week--bun in the oven or not. 

DrunkenFaeGirl
by on Aug. 2, 2014 at 12:14 PM

I personally find it degrading to pregnancy but whatever, his life and his wife.

Genuinesweetie
by on Aug. 2, 2014 at 12:22 PM

I love the ice cream pic it has me cracking up. He has a great sense of humor. I love it!

Beatlemama
by Silver Member on Aug. 2, 2014 at 10:02 PM

I think it's funny

quickbooksworm
by Member on Aug. 2, 2014 at 10:04 PM
I'm a photographer and I detest maternity and newborn pictures because they are unnatural and overly posed. So I think this is friggin hilarious.
nurse1997
by Silver Member on Aug. 3, 2014 at 3:06 PM

This is gross and my man would never think to do this ! 

poisonedtaco
by Member on Aug. 3, 2014 at 11:08 PM

Well, there was a "real" pregnant man. Granted "he" was born a she and turned herself into a man, except kept her lady parts. Lucky for her, she married a woman who was infertile so Idk if she ended up getting a penis or not after that... Crazy too because as a woman, super attractive (she was Ms. Hawaii)... as a man... eh... kinda gross.

Cutenessmom
by Member on Aug. 4, 2014 at 12:08 AM

She was a deformed pregnat  chick! I think these were, kind of gross!  LOL hey  what ever floats your boats .

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 4, 2014 at 10:20 PM

I found these hilarious.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)