Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

Why have animals if they aren't allowed in your home?

Posted by on Aug. 1, 2014 at 10:27 PM
  • 81 Replies
2 moms liked this
I'm obviously talking about dogs and cats and small animals. I live in a small town and people here seem to not let thier animals inside. I see dogs living on chains and cats by the hundreds outside all the time. Also I hear people saying all the time how they hate animals inside their house( just heard it again today which is what sparked this post ). That's fine if that's how you feel but then why keep them as pets??? I don't understand. Especially with dogs and cats. They are family members. Would you keep your kids outside? I don't get it.
by on Aug. 1, 2014 at 10:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Aug. 1, 2014 at 11:29 PM
I have 4 cats, only one of them was actually mine to start with (she comes inside and out as she pleases) the others just showed up. At first I didn't put food or water out for them but they just won't go away so I started feeding them. I take them to the vet if needed and put blankets in the garage for them to sleep. My kids named them so I consider them ours. I wouldn't let them inside unless there was extreme weather because I don't want my house torn up.
HIJKLM
by Member on Aug. 1, 2014 at 11:33 PM
The cats are all strays that just showed up. I don't want to turn them away when they're hungry but I don't want the scratching up my carpets or around my baby. The dogs are allowed inside.
DMP907
by on Aug. 2, 2014 at 12:42 AM

I have 2 German Shepherds and 2 cats I love all dearly, one cat HAS to stay out side due to peeing issues but we still giver her plenty attention and love, just like the rest.

AHmom103
by Member on Aug. 2, 2014 at 12:47 AM
1 mom liked this

I don't know. I never wanted a dog in my house, but once we got one, I turned to mush. My baby is at my side pretty much 24/7 now.

rmfanfgljf
by Member on Aug. 2, 2014 at 12:50 AM
Our kitten is an indoor kitten. Our puppies were unsocialized when we got them, we kept them inside until they got too big and wouldn't leave the kitten alone, they don't like her at all and since we don't want them to kill her she is safe inside and they are actually happy outside. They have 10 acres to their enjoyment.
momofthem311
by Silver Member on Aug. 2, 2014 at 8:08 AM
Oh I understand about strays. We have 5, a horrible neighbor left 3 when they moved and one was pregnant so now there's 5 all together. We didn't know she had babies until we found them in another neighbors garage. I feed all of them although her can't really afford it but we certainly cannot afford vet care for them so I do the best I can. We cannot let them in our home because we have a cat and a dog and I cannot risk them getting them sick.
I'm talking about if you purposely go and get an animal and then throw it outside and pretty much ignore it, I see that everyday here. Many dogs live on chains 24/7. It's very sad.

Quoting Anonymous: I have 4 cats, only one of them was actually mine to start with (she comes inside and out as she pleases) the others just showed up. At first I didn't put food or water out for them but they just won't go away so I started feeding them. I take them to the vet if needed and put blankets in the garage for them to sleep. My kids named them so I consider them ours. I wouldn't let them inside unless there was extreme weather because I don't want my house torn up.
mamamiajk
by Platinum Member on Aug. 2, 2014 at 9:59 AM
4 moms liked this

You are obviously an animal lover like me. I actually had people ask me if I was out of my mind having a LG.dog (a Lab) and raising her in the house.I replied the same as you. What is the sense of even having a dog if they are just going to live on a chain or in a kennel. WTH? We now have 5 Labs,all live inside and all are well trained. For the record I don't believe in caging them indoors either when we are gone. If people don't have the love to give or the time to train them....do them a favor and DON'T get one. It's no kind of life for them. The only problem I have is the heartbreak of losing them to old age. It breaks my heart to see them chained and or abused. If I could I'd rescue them all. Peacepuppycat

EireLass
by Ruby Member on Aug. 2, 2014 at 10:05 AM
1 mom liked this
Some dogs are strictly work dogs.
Kermitthemom23
by on Aug. 2, 2014 at 10:07 AM
We have 2 lg dogs and they live inside with us.
I would never get a pet just to leave it outside.
Heck the few times ive locked the dogs out you wouls have thought their world ended. They would much rather get locked in their crates if I need them out of the way for a bit
FrankMamma
by Member on Aug. 2, 2014 at 5:30 PM

I have 2 cats that are both inside cats and are like babies to me. I have also had a couple cats that preferred to be outside most of the time, and 1 dog was like that. But that was by their choice, every animal has its own personality. They always came in at night. Whether an inside or outside pet they were never ignored or not well taken care of. Hopefully the people in your town are taking care of their pets even if they are outside, those that are not should be reported.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN