Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

this is getting out of hand

Posted by on Aug. 2, 2014 at 4:11 AM
  • 13 Replies
Ok so hubby, our daughter, and myself recently moved to a different state to be closer to family, where we are staying is an apartment and its super noisy, the bbuilding is dirty even though we keep our apartment clean, other people who in the building do not. Well, we have tried and tried, but no matter what we do, we are constantly being bitten everywhere by insects, not sure what kind and its mostly me, im not quite sure why, but I put itch cream amd everything on it, and clean but I still wake up every night scratching. I cant take this, im getting no sleep because of it. Ish what to do. Hubby has been working extra hours so we can get our own apartment as we are stayimg with my MIL so thinks are a bit rough. To top it off the owner of the building has a guy working for him that always enters peoples apartments while they are not home. Hes supposed to only be called to fix something when a tenant is home. I am very uncomfortable with the fact that someone could enter my home while I am not there and on several occasions he has unlocked our door and walked in while I and my child are still sleeping, which is like six of seven in the morning and he isnt supposed to be here until nine or ten. This really aggravates me because I could be changing or in the shower. I think this should be against the law. He never fixes anything. For example, our neighbors still have broken windows from two months ago and chipping paint on the bath tub which is why I cannot take a bath, only showers. And there was a stove that the glass busted on and my neighbor had to clean it up but she didnt break it. And its still sitting in the hall. So there u go, I get eaten alive by whatever the fuck is in our home, a building worker that just walks in, and noisy neighbors that stomp on our ceiling all day and night. Ugh
by on Aug. 2, 2014 at 4:11 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Aug. 2, 2014 at 4:57 AM

Bed bugs maybe?

lisa19950
by New Member on Aug. 2, 2014 at 5:06 AM

Oh, geez. I hope not.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 2, 2014 at 12:01 PM

Get an exterminator to assess and maybe bomb the apt.  I would move out right away, at least to a hotel. 

VinVanMom
by Member on Aug. 2, 2014 at 12:12 PM
Call the cops on him. He has to knock or give you 24 hour notice. Then spray
pce68
by New Member on Aug. 2, 2014 at 12:59 PM

Is there a chain on your door? I'd put the chain on so he can't come in. If there isn't a chain, go get one and install it yourself. You can do that, as long as you remove it when you leave, and allow them access if they need it for maintenance or whatever. And tell the office your apartment needs to be sprayed for bugs. Wash all the sheets and curtains in hot water, and clean the carpets too if you can.

FrankMamma
by Member on Aug. 2, 2014 at 5:25 PM

Spray or bomb your apartment. Unfortunately if its throughout the building you will have to do it often. Shampoo your carpets. Always wash all bedding in hot water. Wipe down your mattresses with alcohol thats what they used in hospitals to kill bedbugs. It suffocates them.

As far as the handyman entering without permission, you can try reporting him to the landlord. But the landlord sounds like he won't care, and he will say he left a message, called, knocked, whatever so that will turn into a war of wills, and you really don't want to allienate someone that can get into your apartment. What my sister did when she lived in an apartment complex is to get a chain on her door that only opened with a key. You could open the door the length of the chain then you had to unlock it. I don't know if they still make those or not, but I believe she got it at a hardware store. She used it all the time unless she knew the caretaker had to get in.

I'm sorry things are so hard for you and your family right now, been in similiar shoes. Things will get better. Promise.

shari102476
by Member on Aug. 4, 2014 at 12:17 AM
Sounds exactly like bed bugs
gracef282
by Member on Aug. 4, 2014 at 5:38 AM
Omg he sounds creepy. Call the cops next time or move out asap. Its very unhealthy for your family
AJsMom81507
by Member on Aug. 4, 2014 at 5:40 AM

why would you move there in the first place?  it's not like you rented an apt or whatever before seeing it.  

DanaG70
by Member on Aug. 4, 2014 at 5:42 AM
Bed bugs or fleas. Good luck.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)