Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

how much is fair?????

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 48 Replies
Long story short I'm a newly single mom who just went back to work... right now I work 3 days a week I leave the house around 4:30 and get home any time between 12 and 3.. my kids are extremely well behaved and will be asleep a good chunk of the night. They are ages 18 mo 5 and almost 7. I am allowing her to bring her toddler as long as everything goes smoothly..... when I tried to talk to her about the money side she just kinda brushed it off and said we will figure something out. So I need to know what you would pay a sitter or expect to be paid for those hours
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 2, 2014 at 1:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 2, 2014 at 1:24 PM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 2, 2014 at 1:24 PM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 2, 2014 at 1:27 PM
100 a week
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 2, 2014 at 1:29 PM
No way. ...I live in small town nc.... and I really can't afford that much. ...I'm not paying someone that much to sit in my house and watch my TV while my kids are asleep....essentially the will be awake for 3 hours

Quoting Anonymous: 100 a week
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 2, 2014 at 2:12 PM
3 moms liked this

Remember she is there in case of emergencies also.  I would say $100 is not near enough especially for nights.  Maybe someone else has an idea. 

I paid occasional babysitters, high school girls, $5 to $6 an hour 20 years ago.  I also paid day care that was $89 a week for just 1 kid 20+ years ago for full time day care.  That was also on the cheaper side of things back then and I didn't live in a high cost of living area either.  It was NC. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Aug. 2, 2014 at 2:17 PM
At least 150/week. By me It would be at least double that for three kids.
AJsMom81507
by Member on Aug. 2, 2014 at 2:30 PM
2 moms liked this

3 kids... 3 nights a week, from 4:30pm - the latest 3am?

i would say $250-$300 a week.  pushing more towards the $300 that would be about $10 an hour and she would have to feed, and put the kids to sleep, and then wake hers up to go home

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 2, 2014 at 2:37 PM
I don't even make 10 an hour !!!!!

Quoting AJsMom81507:

i would say $250-$300 a week.  pushing more towards the $300 that would be about $10 an hour and she would have to feed, and put the kids to sleep, and then wake hers up to go home

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 2, 2014 at 2:44 PM
3 moms liked this

You need a new job because it won't pay for daycare unless you find a very generous person or family member out there.  I quit working because my job didn't pay for me to work and pay daycare for 2 kids.  It was ok when I had one, but not 2.  This person is sacrificing their evenings, driving to and from your home at awful hours. 

Quoting Anonymous: I don't even make 10 an hour !!!!!
Quoting AJsMom81507:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 2, 2014 at 2:45 PM
Ok I do but not much more and I really can't afford to give away 3/4 my pay to a sitter I have a whole lot of other bills and as far as child support goes I get 266 a month .....I'm barely making it as is and since my truck blew up 2 days ago I'm really in a bad place....

Quoting Anonymous: I don't even make 10 an hour !!!!!

Quoting AJsMom81507:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN