mom daughter picking out clothes

While most of our kids roll their eyes at the thought of going back to school, let's be honest -- it's pretty much one big party for most moms!

Sure, summer is great and all, but you know what's even better? Getting back into a daily routine where things are predictable and organized. Oh -- and having a little more free time to do things for ourselves that prove to be a bit tough during the summer months isn't half bad either!

Here's a fun little rundown of just how much going to back to school differs from a kid's perspective versus a mom's.

Image via ©Radius Images/Corbis

Wakey-wakey eggs and bakey!

The same kid who was up at the crack of dawn all summer long sleeps right through the alarm, as if the thought of getting out of bed is simply too much to bear.

Good morning, good morning!

Image via ©iStock.com/timashton83

Good morning, good morning!

Mom leaps out of bed at 5 a.m. singing the "Good Morning" song. The day she's been waiting for has finally arrived!

Image via ©Grady Reese/Corbis

Want some cheese with that whine?

The kid finally gets up but whines and pouts like it's his job.

Image via ©Greta Engel/Corbis

Time for girl time!

Mom tries her best not to laugh and quickly texts her bestie to confirm the lunch date they made for later that day.

Image via ©iStock.com/MotoEd

Do I really have to get dressed?

The kid gets upset because he wants to wear his "comfy" shorts, not the collared shirt mom laid out for him.

Bargain shopper!

Image via ©iStock.com/kzenon

Bargain shopper!

Mom gives herself another pat on the back for scoring such an awesome deal on back to school clothes -- and proceeds to get a little giddy over them.

I don't wanna go!

Image via ©Mike Kemp/Corbis

I don't wanna go!

The poor little thing's lip starts quivering at the thought of leaving home. She figures maybe mom will cave and let her stay put.

Woo-hoo! I can't wait to sweat!

Image via ©JGI/Jamie Grill/Corbis

Woo-hoo! I can't wait to sweat!

Mom throws on her yoga pants and checks to make sure her workout DVD is all ready to go for after the bus stop run.

Image via ©iStock.com/antsmarching

Just a little longer ...

The kid begs and pleads for 10 more minutes of cartoons before being sent off to school.

Image via ©iStock.com/PhotoInc

Bye bye!

Mom ushers the kiddo out the door a good 10 minutes early just in case the bus happens to show up before it's supposed to.

Image via ©IStock.com/cpopik

See you later, Mom. Sniff, sniff.

The kid sadly waves goodbye to mom as the bus pulls away.

Squee!!!!

Image via ©iStock.com/webphotographeer

Squee!!!!

IT'S PARTY TIME!!!

Do you get excited when the kids go back to school?

Image via ©iStock.com/kzenon