Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

So I guess were going to court! (child support related)

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 16 Replies
So I made a post last week about filing a child support review for my daughter because her fathers job has been messing up and not paying on time and shes not getting the full amount that was ordered. Plus dd wants to do extra curriculars and her school fees are getting more expensive as well. Her father was very abusive and i left him while pregnant to get away because I feared for our safety. We ended up going to court but because the judge didnt award him any custody and very little supervised visitation, he just decided to not have anything to do with our daughter at all.

Hes still never had anything to do with her and nor him or his family has wanted to meet her. Well I heard from her father today. He is pissed about the child support review. He asked me to call him so we could talk and I did. Ive never done a review before in the almost 8 years that dd has been getting child support. Hes gotten yearly raises and also a recent promotion within the last year. Today on the phone he admitted that hes making a lot more money now. When cs was first set up he made 50k per year, and today he said hes not far off from a six figure salary.

He said that hes not going to agree to any increase in child support and actually wants to see if he can get it lowered from what it is now. Hes not married or dating anyone. He doesnt have a house. And he doesnt have any other children. But he claims that hes living paycheck to paycheck as it is right now (could be because he has an expensive new car and a new harley which he admitted to me today that he has) and that hes currently enrolled in school as well as working his fulltime job. But out of curiosity I looked up his works benefits page for fulltime employment because I was curious if he was being truthful about paying for school. The company he works for is a huge global company with tons of benefits. And as I had suspected, he gets full tuition reimbursement and scholarships for continuing education to move up in the company (which he is, hes going for some head supervisor position).

So he told me hes not going to agree to the increase and that we will have to go to court to let a judge decide.

When we go to court, will the judge decrease the current order or deny an increase based on the fact that he doesnt want to pay more and because he goes to school even though hes fully reimbursed?

He said he shouldn't have to pay more for a child he doesnt see. But that was HIS choice. He didnt like the supervised visitation ruling and also didnt want to pay for the guardian at litem or case study. So money is more important to him than seeing his child.

I just kinda want to know what to expect when we go to court.
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 6, 2014 at 5:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 6, 2014 at 5:15 PM

it doesn't matter what he wants to pay...the judge usually bases child support on how much your income is. as for the visitation...if you have some kind of proof that it's his choice not to see his child, then you shouldn't have anything to worry about. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 6, 2014 at 5:20 PM
He seems to think he can choose not to pay an increase. And he thinks he can get it lower than what the state law is for percentage of 1 child. Yeah I have proof. He called his lawyer two days after court and said he didnt want to have anything to do with her ans it switched the court order to say "a hold open" so if he were to decide to want to see her than court would pick up right where it left off 7 years ago. But yes its documented through the courts and signed off on.

Quoting Anonymous:

it doesn't matter what he wants to pay...the judge usually bases child support on how much your income is. as for the visitation...if you have some kind of proof that it's his choice not to see his child, then you shouldn't have anything to worry about. 

KRISTAL_WILDER
by Member on Aug. 6, 2014 at 5:24 PM

No i dont not think any judge will take in account what he WANTS to pay.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 6, 2014 at 6:20 PM

good. i hope everything goes in your favor cause your ex sounds like a first class jerk. 

Quoting Anonymous: He seems to think he can choose not to pay an increase. And he thinks he can get it lower than what the state law is for percentage of 1 child. Yeah I have proof. He called his lawyer two days after court and said he didnt want to have anything to do with her ans it switched the court order to say "a hold open" so if he were to decide to want to see her than court would pick up right where it left off 7 years ago. But yes its documented through the courts and signed off on.
Quoting Anonymous:

WickedOpal
by on Aug. 6, 2014 at 6:32 PM

My DD's BD doesn't want to pay either and even tried to appeal the decision based on some lame ass violation of his constitutional rights.  His appeal was denied.  LOL  You can want all kinds of things in life, but when you have the courts decide, you hardly ever get what YOU want, if the law trumps you. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 6, 2014 at 6:43 PM
Oh he really is. Money had always been more important to him than his daughter. Smh. He'd rather spend his money on harleys, cars, and cross country vacations on his harley.

Quoting Anonymous:

good. i hope everything goes in your favor cause your ex sounds like a first class jerk. 

Quoting Anonymous: He seems to think he can choose not to pay an increase. And he thinks he can get it lower than what the state law is for percentage of 1 child. Yeah I have proof. He called his lawyer two days after court and said he didnt want to have anything to do with her ans it switched the court order to say "a hold open" so if he were to decide to want to see her than court would pick up right where it left off 7 years ago. But yes its documented through the courts and signed off on.

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 6, 2014 at 6:46 PM
1 mom liked this
Oh wow! Well im glad the appeal was denied! He sounds like an idiot. Lol

I printed off the info he has posted on fb of him saying he is getting a 20k raise because hes going to school to advance in his career at his job and that hes not worried at all about being able to pay for school because his job reimburses his tuition costs. So at least now I have proof that hes lying to me about not being able to afford an increase due to school. And even more proof that hes an idiot for posting that on fb. Lmao

Quoting WickedOpal:

My DD's BD doesn't want to pay either and even tried to appeal the decision based on some lame ass violation of his constitutional rights.  His appeal was denied.  LOL  You can want all kinds of things in life, but when you have the courts decide, you hardly ever get what YOU want, if the law trumps you. 

WickedOpal
by on Aug. 6, 2014 at 7:19 PM

Well, that won't go well for him in court.  LOL

Quoting Anonymous: Oh wow! Well im glad the appeal was denied! He sounds like an idiot. Lol I printed off the info he has posted on fb of him saying he is getting a 20k raise because hes going to school to advance in his career at his job and that hes not worried at all about being able to pay for school because his job reimburses his tuition costs. So at least now I have proof that hes lying to me about not being able to afford an increase due to school. And even more proof that hes an idiot for posting that on fb. Lmao
Quoting WickedOpal:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 6, 2014 at 7:25 PM
Lol! The last judge didnt like him very much...so I guess well see how this judge likes him. Ha

Quoting WickedOpal:

Well, that won't go well for him in court.  LOL

Quoting Anonymous: Oh wow! Well im glad the appeal was denied! He sounds like an idiot. Lol

I printed off the info he has posted on fb of him saying he is getting a 20k raise because hes going to school to advance in his career at his job and that hes not worried at all about being able to pay for school because his job reimburses his tuition costs. So at least now I have proof that hes lying to me about not being able to afford an increase due to school. And even more proof that hes an idiot for posting that on fb. Lmao

Quoting WickedOpal:

MedicMommyAnne
by on Aug. 7, 2014 at 3:26 PM
The amount isn't up to him. The judge will set it.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN