Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I am not the grammar police but sometimes.....

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 8 Replies
It really annoys me when I see people writing things like " we went that away " or " he had to protect his self " or using your instead of you're.
I mean I'm not miss perfect in case you're wondering but after reading stuff like that all the time on Facebook, it gets a little annoying. Of course I do live in a small town so.....
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 10, 2014 at 8:49 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
lucy164
by on Aug. 11, 2014 at 4:13 PM

I agree with you.  When I see incorrect grammar, I cringe.

GertieK
by Silver Member on Aug. 11, 2014 at 4:37 PM

Ignorance abounds these days.  It really is sad because it reflects real ignorance and a lack of concern.  I can listen to someone speak or read something they have written and think to myself - "Well, that person will never get a decent job because who in the world would want to hire them?"

lovinglife1622
by on Aug. 11, 2014 at 7:35 PM
1 mom liked this

My grammar is horrible, but I HATE when people say "I seen them".

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 12, 2014 at 2:48 PM
There's biggest concern in this universe than a person not using grammar. Wish that's my only problem.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 12, 2014 at 2:50 PM
I'm just venting, I do realize that there are MUCH bigger issues in the world.

Quoting Anonymous: There's biggest concern in this universe than a person not using grammar. Wish that's my only problem.
EarlGrayHot
by on Aug. 12, 2014 at 2:57 PM

It's all about communication.  Proper spelling, grammer, and punctuation, not to mention using the appropriate word for whatever it is you are talking about makes communication easier. 

Karen24
by Member on Aug. 13, 2014 at 7:19 AM
1 mom liked this
Yeah I hear ya. What I really find sad are people who mispronounce words because they don't know any better. For example 'cuzint' for cousin. Yes I have heard that. Makes me want to correct them but I don't want to be rude. KWIM?
GertieK
by Silver Member on Aug. 13, 2014 at 9:23 AM

The reason it bothers me is because it reflects a much bigger problem - very poor education, lack of interest, apathy, and the idea that the image you present to others doesn't matter.  It has long ranging effects because as I mentioned before, they are are a large portion of a group of folks who pride themselves on their seeming lack of intelligence - which is what poor grammar reflects.  They don't care enough to better themselves for their own good, and will always be a drain on the rest of us.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)