Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

Ugh- my neighbors!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 61 Replies

Mobile Photo

So I got up this morning and got dressed to go out and do yard work w/ my DH. While we were eating breakfast before going out I heard a familiar noise but couldn't place it. As we walked outside to start mowing we realized what it was (u can see the photo...). No big deal right (other than the fact that it was 9 am and we will be listening to this loud humming til abt 10 tonight). Except that this is MY YARD, not theirs! Those r MY cars they r two feet from! And this is the SECOND time they have rented one of these things and put it in my yard- without asking! The rental company can clearly see that part of this is not their property and didn't get my consent either. So obviously we didn't get to mow and won't get to today any time. Completely messed up my plans and we have to do it bc it's getting really tall and we don't want to get a ticket from our HOA this wk (my DH was away for two days this wk and I can't take an entire day to do it myself when I'm the only one w/ the kids/baby). I didn't say anything bc it's their kids birthday and I didn't want to ruin it but come on! If u don't have room on ur own property to put up a bounce house u don't rent a bounce house!! I want a pool but my HOA doesn't allow it so I didn't put one in anyway; we wanted a trampoline but we needed HOA permission so u know what I did before I put up that monstrosity? I asked permission to put it on my property! On top of it they just said hello like it was nothing, barely acknowledging that I existed much less that they were technically trespassing and had their stuff on my lawn. They could've even put it in their driveway since they don't have room in their yard but no, they put it on mine bc it's big enough. And not that it would've mattered or changed anything but when my kids said hi to theirs they didn't even invite them to bounce for a bit so now I have a bounce house in MY yard that MY kids don't understand y they can't play in w/ their friends. We haven't had any other problems in the past really (we've only lived here abt a yr tho) but I told my DH that tomorrow when we do finally do the yard I'm going to have no bad feeling abt cutting the limbs on their tree that r overhanging my fence into the kids swing set (I've been refusing to cut it bc even tho I have a right as it's hanging over my fence line, it's not MY tree and I was being courteous...). So basically I've decided my neighbors r totally RUDE! Extremely long rant over...
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 16, 2014 at 7:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 16, 2014 at 8:02 PM
12 moms liked this

You need to put a stop to that.  If a kid gets hurt in that thing, you'd be liable whether you agreed to it being on your property or not.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Aug. 16, 2014 at 8:17 PM
I know, DH and I were talking abt that. There's no nice way to approach them abt the subject so I know it's going to cause issues. But they've got four kids and it seems like they r going to b getting one every time they have a birthday so I'm going to have to say something...

Quoting Anonymous:

You need to put a stop to that.  If a kid gets hurt in that thing, you'd be liable whether you agreed to it being on your property or not.

pinkcoffeecup
by on Aug. 16, 2014 at 9:22 PM

I'd be calling someone on this. 

Kermitthemom23
by on Aug. 16, 2014 at 9:26 PM
Why I moved to a house with a real yard and no hoa.
No need to, pay for that sort of bs
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Aug. 16, 2014 at 9:44 PM
1 mom liked this
This is actually my second yard in addition to my front and back yard bc we r on a corner lot. And since DH was military we don't get much choice in where we live. He's out now and we moved here to b near family when he was getting out. I hate HOAs but in this area they ALL have them. But that still has nothing to do w/ this, our HOA doesn't have a rule against bounce houses I'm just angry that my neighbors are so discourteous!

Quoting Kermitthemom23: Why I moved to a house with a real yard and no hoa.
No need to, pay for that sort of bs
PinkButterfly66
by on Aug. 17, 2014 at 1:08 AM
3 moms liked this

You should have called the rental company and told them to move the bounce house.  Call your HOA management company Monday and complain.  You should have sent your kids to play in the bounce house.  It is on your property after all.

PinkButterfly66
by on Aug. 17, 2014 at 1:09 AM
2 moms liked this

There is no reason TO be nice about it.  They are trespassing.

Quoting Anonymous: I know, DH and I were talking abt that. There's no nice way to approach them abt the subject so I know it's going to cause issues. But they've got four kids and it seems like they r going to b getting one every time they have a birthday so I'm going to have to say something...
Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Aug. 17, 2014 at 10:09 AM
Oh I know, but in the end I still have to live next to them. And our kids do like to play together. Ultimately when it comes to things like replacing our fence line etc (which will need to be done in the next few yrs) we will have to work together. The rules here require ppl split the costs but that doesn't mean u can get the money from them just by asking and it would b nice for things like this to not have to get nasty now so it's nasty later. Does that make sense? And I see them often when we r outside, coming and going etc so I'd like it to at least b civil when I do it...

Quoting PinkButterfly66:

There is no reason TO be nice about it.  They are trespassing.

Quoting Anonymous: I know, DH and I were talking abt that. There's no nice way to approach them abt the subject so I know it's going to cause issues. But they've got four kids and it seems like they r going to b getting one every time they have a birthday so I'm going to have to say something...

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Aug. 17, 2014 at 10:13 AM
Oh also to answer this too, I thought abt it but I didn't see the truck that dropped it off (just heard the motor that kept it going all day after it was set up) and it didn't have any logos or markings in it for me to know who to call :/ I did see the truck when they picked it up but didn't want to make a scene as it was coming down bc I figured I'd call them today. Not sure if it's the same company as the last one tho either so if I call and tell them not to do it again they'll probably just call a different company that will still put it up. I'm hoping to come up w/ a solution where they don't know it's me! Lol

Quoting PinkButterfly66:

You should have called the rental company and told them to move the bounce house.  Call your HOA management company Monday and complain.  You should have sent your kids to play in the bounce house.  It is on your property after all.

momtosky
by New Member on Aug. 17, 2014 at 1:54 PM
2 moms liked this
I would start parking my car close to that area.. can you plant something on that yard area like flowers so next time it would be hard for them to put it in that area?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)