Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

Anxiety

Posted by on Aug. 17, 2014 at 1:44 AM
  • 10 Replies
Hey mamas!
Iam new to this site. Im looking for some people who have been in the same boat as me. Since having my son i have been battling anxiety. I get panick attacks the whole 9! Im so tired of it. I wanted to see if anyones gpne through this and had any advice!
by on Aug. 17, 2014 at 1:44 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
RocknRoll.Rose
by Member on Aug. 17, 2014 at 1:45 AM
I am battling with it too. Have you been to a doctor?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nurse1997
by Silver Member on Aug. 18, 2014 at 4:22 AM

Hi doll just relax and here is some good news you will never die from a panic attack even thou you feel like you will ;). If you are having a hard time controlling it maybe it is time to see the doc. Start controlling your breathing more your brain needs to be reprogrammed good luck!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Aug. 18, 2014 at 9:48 AM

My dd had some anxiety.  I read up on it online because I wasn't about to have her start meds.  I found out the B vitamins are really good.  She started on B1, B6, and B12 and the anxiety went away.  I guess she was lucky.

mamaB1214
by New Member on Aug. 18, 2014 at 3:46 PM
Been to the doc every week since my little man was born trying to fig it out and they narrowed it down to anxiety! Told me to workout and rest. But im a stay at home mama so kind of hard with a 2 yr old and a 2 mon old. Ill look into the vitamins! Thanks all
Serenity7
by Member on Aug. 18, 2014 at 5:29 PM

Welcme to the group

jen291985
by on Aug. 18, 2014 at 8:39 PM

I do. It's very disruptive to my life and I can't satnd it. However, I refuse to take the medication unless I'm under the watch of one doctor and not a group of half assed "doctors". 

shari102476
by Member on Aug. 18, 2014 at 10:38 PM
I have severe anxiety and wicked panic attacks. Started after I have birth to my daughter 11 years ago. I've had good months and not so good months and I've been on a few different meds that helped for awhile. I am currently on Zoloft 150mg daily and I take Ativan when needed. I've also been through treatment twice in 6 years. I have the coping tools and I remind myself constantly that panic can NOT hurt you, it's EXTREMLEY uncomfortable, but it doesn't last forever (even though it feels like an eternity) it will peak and come back down

I can educate you somewhat to help you understand what happens when the body's fight or flight response kicks in. You most likely know the symptoms......

Feeling a loss of control
Tightness in your chest
Can't breathe
Sweaty
Shaky
Pounding heart
Feeling like you're going to go crazy

So this is your sympathetic nervous system telling you that there is imminent danger (when really there isn't) it's our fight or flight response and its actually there to PROTECT US FROM HARM (hard to believe, right?). It gives you the energy you need to fight or to run when danger presents itself

On the contrary we have our parasympathetic nervous system (AKA rest and digest). This system automatically kicks in (no matter what, it HAS to) to bring your anxiety back down within 10-20 minutes, sometimes quicker. So our bodies are designed to know what to do and when to do it to keep us safe. I hope my little education session gives you some insight into this horrible issue

I know exactly how you feel. If you look for evidence that what is scaring you at the moment is going to cause a certain horrible thing to happen, write down the odds of it happening, the probability of it happening and has your worst fear ever been confirmed. Use that evidence to counter your negative thoughts. Write post it notes reminding yourself to breathe, that you're safe, and that this feeling will pass

Longest reply I've ever written. Sorry if its to much but that's what's helped me live a normal life. I hope you can too. Best of luck. PM me if you ever need to talk ;)
la_bella_vita
by Silver Member on Aug. 18, 2014 at 11:37 PM

I have severe anxiety

virginiallorca
by New Member on Aug. 20, 2014 at 7:48 PM
I have been on psycho active meds, off and on, for many years. I am diagnosed bipolar. I am 70 and recently had 3 panic attacks. When I think of it, there were probably others I didn't recognize. Anxiety and depression are my main problems. When I told the dr. @ the panic attacks, she seemed to think it was serious. She gave me ativan. I think it makes me feel kind of veggie. Physical exercise is a real good therapy for anxiety. I also write fiction and I think it helps me process stuff. And nowadays, what's not to be anxious about?
stargaze281
by Member on Aug. 21, 2014 at 2:02 AM

Hello. Welcome. Well, after having my ds 3 yrs ago, mY recovery was challenging and did go through a little anxiety too or sometimes aches. Have you tried getting some time for yourself so that you can relax and feel better/?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN