Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

I really need some advice

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 3 Replies
I wanted to leave my ds father, but now im scared. I told him my visitations agreement and he was okay but he wanted to claim him as tax credit. I was told that if they wanted to that I.shouldn't let him because I could lose my son. So now I said I.want to.work things out. But he expects me to clean, cook and etc. I don't think he'll change. Im also scared. I like being able to work part time and have my son with me. I dont make alot of money. I just don't want to lose the.time.with my child.
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 17, 2014 at 4:40 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
DellaG
by Member on Aug. 17, 2014 at 8:38 AM

You will not lose custody of your son if his father claims him on his taxes.

moma22angels
by Member on Aug. 17, 2014 at 2:37 PM
Why wouldn't you take turns with filing? But really it is who claims him first. But go to court and sit down and talk about it so it's on paper and binding. That is free.
Carrie1485
by Member on Aug. 18, 2014 at 7:27 AM

If you leave him and your son stays with you for more than 6 months out of the year than leggally he doesn't have a leg to stand on. And in most cases unless he can prove some kid of neglect on your part he wouldn't get custody. Worst case, yall would share custody and then probably alternate years in which you claim your son on taxes. All of the details of shared custody would be ironed out in a mediation between the both of you. If ya'll could not agree on something than the judge would decide. But in most cases the judge sides with the mother unless there is some sort of neglect.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN