Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

Is it strange to be friends with exes?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 46 Replies

My dh and I are friends with almost all of our exes, save for his ex-wife (she screwed his brother and left him with two kids, so can't really blame him there). Friends tell us that we're crazy for talking to exes and always talk about how we can't trust each other for doing that? One of my gfs told me "better lock him up because he's gonna go back and hit what he's already had before." Classy, I know, lol.

Anyway, are you friends with any of your exes? Do you think it's weird that we are friends with so many of ours?

Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 18, 2014 at 4:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Serenity7
by Member on Aug. 18, 2014 at 5:26 PM

Everyone is different. You are friends with your ex. Nothing wrong with that

cuauhtemocsmom
by Member on Aug. 18, 2014 at 5:32 PM
4 moms liked this
I speak to one but that's because we never slept together.. But then again I'm the kind that imagines all my exes died a tragic death and we can't speak of the dead
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 18, 2014 at 5:36 PM

I'm still really good friends with an ex of mine. We've known each other for over 20 yrs and were friends before we dated.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 18, 2014 at 6:33 PM

Some people can. 

H4RL3YQU1N
by on Aug. 19, 2014 at 10:37 AM

I don't talk or  am friends with any of them including my estranged husband who I have a 3 year old with.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 19, 2014 at 3:13 PM

I just don't get how they don't understand that. I mean, okay, there've been a couple of bad breaks and those I probably won't ever talk to again, but with the rest, well, we were friends, dated, broke up, and stayed friends. These folks act like I should be out smashing headlights and slashing tires or something with all of them?

Quoting Serenity7:

Everyone is different. You are friends with your ex. Nothing wrong with that

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 19, 2014 at 3:14 PM

LOL, the 2 bad breaks I had, I kind of feel that way about, too! If your guy was friends with his exes, would that bother you?

Quoting cuauhtemocsmom: I speak to one but that's because we never slept together.. But then again I'm the kind that imagines all my exes died a tragic death and we can't speak of the dead

LePeu
by Member on Aug. 19, 2014 at 3:14 PM

i think it's really mature and trusting of you to not mind the other taking to thier ex.

i couldn't do it..

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 19, 2014 at 3:15 PM

The ones I still talk to I was friends with before we dated, too. I think that makes it easier to be friends after it's over, too. Would you be upset if your SO stayed friends with their ex?

Quoting Anonymous:

I'm still really good friends with an ex of mine. We've known each other for over 20 yrs and were friends before we dated.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 19, 2014 at 3:16 PM

Did you have bad breakups with yours?

Quoting Anonymous:

Some people can. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN