Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

Walked in on DS and his GF - What would YOU do???

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 44 Replies

I am a Single mom have been for a few years well i have two kids a 17 year old son and a 10 year old daughter. Well my son has been with his girlfriend for the better part of 4 years a long time for teenagers and proud of the both of them. Well during the summer and school year i have always trusted my son to watch his little sister. Because i tend to work till about 5-7Pm give or take. Well the other night while he was supposed to be watching his sister i got home earlier then i thought and my daughter was watching TV which is pretty normal so i went upstairs to find my son and walked in on him and his girlfriend having sex. I am not entirely sure what to do about this i have been thinking about telling her parents i haven't talked to my son yet about it yet either, other then grounding him for a while until i deal with this. What should i do? Any advice is welcome.

Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 20, 2014 at 10:35 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 20, 2014 at 10:42 AM

I would be disappointed. I take it your rules are no one over when you are not home.  Glad I didn't have to work and was home especially that time of day is when most teens have sex.  Just glad I didn't have to deal with this crap.  I would be talking to him about safe sex and is he ready for a kid because nothing is 100%.  If he isn't maybe he can rethink having sex and its not a great idea.  I bet this wasn't the first time either.  He started seeing someone way too young too.  4 years is a LONG time when he is only 17. 

EireLass
by Ruby Member on Aug. 20, 2014 at 12:02 PM
My scenario would have been very different from yours, but here you are now. I would have a serious talk with the boy about birth control and ramifications of not using it. The only thing punishable would be having company when youre not there....if thats a rule. If not, there isnt anything to punish for. I would have a conversation with the other parents just so they know.
polkaspots
by Bronze Member on Aug. 20, 2014 at 12:03 PM
I don't think I'd be doing anything.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
aurorabear
by Member on Aug. 20, 2014 at 12:06 PM

Did you knock? I know its your home and all. But even if you didn't walk in on them you would have for sure known what they were doing. And could have totally avoided seeing that. But I think rules are good. He shouldn't have left his sister unattended. I would have never done that in my mothers home. Especially when I was babysitting. Which I did often because she was also a single mom. I was not allowed to have the opposite sex even in my room. I guess the best you can do is keep it on the topic of the rules that he broke and punish accordingly. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 20, 2014 at 12:23 PM

It is disrespect for your home and you.  Guess little sister isn't not too observant either.  He had some guts. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 20, 2014 at 12:24 PM

Wow, I don't knock and I have grown kids at home.  I guess we are just an open family.  I am sure she didn't expect for a moment he was in there with his girlfriend.  Until mine pay bills we have an open policy.  Never heard anything from them they hate it either.  Guess it is all how you are raised.

Quoting aurorabear:

Did you knock? I know its your home and all. But even if you didn't walk in on them you would have for sure known what they were doing. And could have totally avoided seeing that. But I think rules are good. He shouldn't have left his sister unattended. I would have never done that in my mothers home. Especially when I was babysitting. Which I did often because she was also a single mom. I was not allowed to have the opposite sex even in my room. I guess the best you can do is keep it on the topic of the rules that he broke and punish accordingly. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 20, 2014 at 1:07 PM
1 mom liked this
*sigh*So they've been dating since their were 13? I guess I would talk him. I'm sure they've been having sex for awhile now?!
ZOMBIE.BETTY
by Member on Aug. 20, 2014 at 1:20 PM

LMAO, what did you think he was going to do? You ALLOWED him to have a girl in his room when you are not home. She wouldn't be allowed back in my house unless I was home. I would've slapped the shit out of him, not for having sex...but DOING THAT MESS IN MY HOUSE!!

ZOMBIE.BETTY
by Member on Aug. 20, 2014 at 1:22 PM

NOTHING AT ALL? So it would be fine with you that he disrespected YOUR home? ok, then.

Quoting polkaspots: I don't think I'd be doing anything.

MommyRush
by on Aug. 20, 2014 at 1:40 PM
1 mom liked this
Mostly what everyone else is saying...girlfriend can't be there unless you are home and talk with your son about sex again. I'm sire you have and he knows condoms birth control all that but just talk with him like a reminder. I wouldn't tell her parent I feel like that is just causing more drama for your son as well as you cuz it happened in your home.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN