Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

The obsession of parking as close to a store as possible

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 45 Replies

I don't get it. 

I understand that sometimes people are in a rush but are we just generally so lazy that we are willing to drive round the car park till a space comes up close to the doors? 

Why do people in large cars force their way into a space that doesn't leave then with enough room to get out just to be next to the store?

I always tend to park at the back as it's less likely some idiot will scratch or bump my car whilst trying to park. I have legs. There are plenty of others more then capable of walking to the store.

Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 21, 2014 at 8:30 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
terpmama
by on Aug. 21, 2014 at 8:38 AM
I try (though not especially hard) to park as close as possible because I have hip and lower back issues from having large boobs and kids (the hips are the kids' fault)... So while I'm not hurt enough for a handicap tag, my thighs will go numb if I walk a lot, especially while carrying heavy things like groceries, lots of bags or the baby. That said, am I crazy about it... No. Do I feel lucky when I can swim a sweet spot... You betcha!
momofsixangels
by Colleen on Aug. 21, 2014 at 9:13 AM

I park away(unless its raining) so I have to walk and get exercise.

Annellyse
by on Aug. 21, 2014 at 9:16 AM

I usually in the mid-to back section, near a car return.  If a shady spot is open though, I go for that one.

lazycamper
by Member on Aug. 21, 2014 at 9:49 AM
I am obsessed with parking as far away as possible. Of course, I drive a truck, so the back forty is usually where I fit. Lol
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 21, 2014 at 10:00 AM
Because I prefer not crossing a big parking lot with a 3 yr if I don't need to. And I have 5 kids. Makes my life easier so why not.
momofthem311
by Silver Member on Aug. 21, 2014 at 10:32 AM
I always park far away from the door. I can't stand trying to weave in and out of traffic and people.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 21, 2014 at 10:34 AM
1 mom liked this

I don't.  I would rather park where no one else parks. 

nerdymom28
by Member on Aug. 21, 2014 at 10:41 AM
2 moms liked this

I try to park close to a cart return. If that means I have to walk, I'm fine with it.

EireLass
by Ruby Member on Aug. 21, 2014 at 11:49 AM
I never had the luxury of a small car squeezing in wherever. My tanks always end up far away. Im disabled, but im better at walking than squeezing.
GarysGirl85
by Member on Aug. 21, 2014 at 11:54 AM
My husband is unable to walk far distances (he is disabled) so we park close out of necessity. He isn't in a wheel chair yet and at 48 we are hoping he's at least 5-8 years from that. It will happen eventually. Before he was disabled we parked as far from the store as available parking spots dictated.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN