Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

Denture wearing mommas !!!!!!!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 25 Replies
Please no bashing ...
I'm 32yrs old and have had a lot of dental issues for 10+ yrs.
I just got my bottom denture yesterday and they also had to cut into my gums to remove bone spurs. I took it out last nite and when I went to put it back in this morning it took me about 25 tries and literal tears =(
Does anybody else have dentures?? How long did it take to get used to them??
I just wanna eat normally again and would like to remove and insert bottom denture pain free =\

Omg I got featured!!!! Maybe this way I will get more advise!! Thank you CafeMom!!!!
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 22, 2014 at 10:16 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 22, 2014 at 10:24 AM
2 moms liked this
It will take several weeks. Your gums are swollen right now. If you can't eat, then go buy some ensure, at least you'll get some nutrition.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 22, 2014 at 10:27 AM
Also rinse your mouth with salt water several times a day. It will take a little time to get used to them. I have top only.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 22, 2014 at 10:37 AM
I heard top dentures are wayyyy easier to get used to .... I'm gonna end up with atleast a partial on top but don't have the money yet =\ atleast this way I only gotta get used to 1 instead of both at the same time.
I'm so embarrassed havin dentures =\
Which is why I posted annonamously

Quoting Anonymous 2: Also rinse your mouth with salt water several times a day. It will take a little time to get used to them. I have top only.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 22, 2014 at 10:41 AM
My mom said to leave it out till swelling goes down ..... I feel like that's a bad idea
The worse part is that I have a 12wk old daughter that I'm breastfeeding so I gotta eat regardless of how it feels

Quoting Anonymous 2: It will take several weeks. Your gums are swollen right now. If you can't eat, then go buy some ensure, at least you'll get some nutrition.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 22, 2014 at 10:48 AM
BUMP !!!!!!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 22, 2014 at 10:55 AM
1 mom liked this
My dentist told me to leave them while the swelling goes down. Don't take them out unless the dr tells you to. I know how you feel, I'm young to.Thank goodness my dentures don't bother my husband. I've also heard that top ones are easier. Try to eat soft food like eggs, yogurt, soup etc. I remember I couldn't even bite scrambled eggs at first lol. Hang in there, it will get easier in a few weeks. Do get yourself some nutrition drinks especially since you're breastfeeding.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 22, 2014 at 10:59 AM
1 mom liked this

Mobile Photo

I've just gotten so used to not having teeth when I "bite down" ..... Feels like they are sooooo close to my top teeth =\
Ignore the white spots that's from my flash but do u think they look "real"

Quoting Anonymous 2: My dentist told me to leave them while the swelling goes down. Don't take them out unless the dr tells you to. I know how you feel, I'm young to.Thank goodness my dentures don't bother my husband. I've also heard that top ones are easier. Try to eat soft food like eggs, yogurt, soup etc. I remember I couldn't even bite scrambled eggs at first lol. Hang in there, it will get easier in a few weeks. Do get yourself some nutrition drinks especially since you're breastfeeding.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 22, 2014 at 11:02 AM
You aren't suppose to take them out for the first 24 hours because then the gums swell too much and then like what happened to you, you have a hard time getting them back in. I am 32 and have had full dentures for 5 years.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 22, 2014 at 11:04 AM
When I have told people I have dentures they arwe shock because mine look no different then real teeth.

Quoting Anonymous 1:

Mobile Photo

I've just gotten so used to not having teeth when I "bite down" ..... Feels like they are sooooo close to my top teeth =\

Quoting Anonymous 2: My dentist told me to leave them while the swelling goes down. Don't take them out unless the dr tells you to. I know how you feel, I'm young to.Thank goodness my dentures don't bother my husband. I've also heard that top ones are easier. Try to eat soft food like eggs, yogurt, soup etc. I remember I couldn't even bite scrambled eggs at first lol. Hang in there, it will get easier in a few weeks. Do get yourself some nutrition drinks especially since you're breastfeeding.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 22, 2014 at 11:06 AM
I'm hoping that will b my experience

Quoting Anonymous 3: When I have told people I have dentures they arwe shock because mine look no different then real teeth.

Quoting Anonymous 1:

Mobile Photo

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN