Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

Making new friends!

Posted by on Aug. 24, 2014 at 11:08 PM
  • 4 Replies

I know this may seem trivial to some, but we've lived in our new town for about 3 years (maybe not so new anymore), and I believe I've tried everything possible to make new friends for myself, my 3 1/2 year old daughter, and my 8 month old b/g twins. I've been to the library story times, to the pool during the summer, Halloween/Christmas parades, etc. The only few mothers I've met and hung out with are not at all ideal parents or friends, and I do know that no one is perfect... I just don't necessarily want my children visiting a house where the parents smoke/drink heavily with thier children there, or teach thier 3 year old daughters the "sexy dance." Despite not liking thier parenting habits, I still continued to persue visiting them just so we weren't so cooped up in the house, although the invites were few and far between. Now they have stopped completely. I was always as nice as could possibly be, and I'm not sure if I was intimidating in anyway or what, but I can't seem to get a break. At this point I can't help but feel like it's no longer conicidences. I've run out of ideas as to how to meet new moms. I just can't seem to find the right circle of friends here and I'm an hour and a half from my old home, which doesn't seem far, but it's difficult to visit often with a family of 5 on 1 income. My daughter is in desperate need of socialization and she can't go to pre-school until next year when she is 4. Does any one have any advice, maybe if someone can relate I can find some sort of peace in knowing it isn't just me...

by on Aug. 24, 2014 at 11:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
mamamiajk
by Platinum Member on Aug. 25, 2014 at 8:43 AM
1 mom liked this

I'm sorry I can't offer any advice but....hugs

PINKmyfavcolor
by Member on Aug. 25, 2014 at 4:51 PM
1 mom liked this

I can definitely relate, but because I'm a single mom working so much with little to no time to meet other people and find new friends. My old so-called friends mostly abandoned me when my husband cheated on me and we divorced. Apparently he had them convinced it was my fault he strayed. I'm taking a painting class at the local community center now, however, and hope I'll be able to meet people that way. Maybe you could do something like that, too?

girlnextdoornco
by New Member on Aug. 26, 2014 at 11:38 AM
1 mom liked this

Hi BonnieAnn!

Have you ever heard of MOPS (mothers of preschoolers)? It's a great organzation with groups all across the country. Basically, moms meet together for honest conversation, sometimes special speakers, and pinterest type crafts while the kids play and have a preschool type experience. You can find a group in your area by visiting their website: http://www.mops.org/  Check it out!

~sunshine on my shoulders makes me happy~

BonnieAnn731
by New Member on Aug. 27, 2014 at 11:20 AM

Thanks so much everyone! Believe it or not, the very next day the pre-school called me and said they had enough spots open to start filling with 3 year olds! So today is her 2nd day of school!!! And now it will be a little easier to get out during the day with just the twins. Maybe I can start working on friends for the babies and I! It's funny how things just seems to work out the moment you start thinking there's no more options, LoL! <3

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)