Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

My DH is a sports nut and it's destroying our marriage

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 88 Replies
1 mom liked this

It seems almost every night he comes home, flops on the sofa, flips on the TV, and watches a game until bedtime.
He always invites me to join him but I don't have time for that!  When I am done with all my nightly chores, cleaning, getting the kids ready for bed and so on, I am ready to hit the hay and I'd much rather watch Food Network anyway.  I wonder if we're just too different anymore with different passions.

Is your DH a sports nut? Do you share that passion with him?  Am I expected to give in and sit with him every night?

surrender

Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 25, 2014 at 12:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
gracef282
by Member on Aug. 25, 2014 at 7:21 PM
Yes mine is the same and no i dint watch tv with him..... He has his quiet time and we have ours.... Its been that way for years
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 25, 2014 at 9:15 PM
1 mom liked this
Dh is, but I am also. So are our girls. How long did you date? I take it you knew this before marriage.
Velvetfog
by Member on Aug. 26, 2014 at 12:23 AM
2 moms liked this
No, it's a pastime that happens to be extremely annoying to me so it was always an immediate turn-off.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 26, 2014 at 2:10 AM
I don't know what games are on every day,all evening?
My hubby watches games but I also watch sports too. Or if I don't feel like the it I go somewhere else.
thefiregoddess
by Member on Aug. 26, 2014 at 2:25 AM
3 moms liked this
No, thank god. We watch ZERO sports in this house
Its.me.Sam.
by Bronze Member on Aug. 26, 2014 at 2:29 AM

yes.  omg. pro sports.. college sports.. fanatasy leagues.  it.is.awful.

lapcounter
by Gold Member on Aug. 26, 2014 at 7:53 AM
1 mom liked this
Yes we both are.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Aug. 26, 2014 at 8:28 AM
2 moms liked this
I hate sports. Made for sheeple. Thank God my hubby isn't obsessed with it. He sees it for what it is. Designed to drain our pockets!
BL2010
by Silver Member on Aug. 26, 2014 at 10:25 AM
1 mom liked this

Thankfully my husband is not into sports much be he is into those car shows. When he puts those on I go into bed and watch something else.

Was your dh always into sports? So you knew what you were getting into? Have you ever asked him to help you with some of the chores?

And no, you do not need to sit with him all the time and watch. Maybe once in a while but I wouldn't waste my time if I didn't like what he was watching.

GertieK
by Silver Member on Aug. 26, 2014 at 10:27 AM
1 mom liked this

My husband and I both love college footbal, and an occasional baseball game.  Other than that, no sports.  Pro footbal has gotten out of hand, and we are insane to pay those guys like we do.  HOWEVER, my husband has his own "old codger" sport - horseshoes.  He pitches every Tuesday with their league, and several times a week.  We have 5 sanctioned horsehoe pits set up on our property - complete with a roof, a kitchen and bathroom.  We have state tournaments there regularly.  He goes to the world horshoe tournament every year no matter where it is held - Canada, etc.  Does it bother me?  Occasionally.  But, it truly makes him happy and that is important to me.  I have my own obsessions.  We have been married 41 years.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN