Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

Who empties...

Posted by on Aug. 26, 2014 at 9:17 AM
  • 38 Replies

Poll

Question: Who empties your trash?

Options:

You, at home mom(work at home and not)

You, work outside the home

DH/SO

Your Kids

Other, please explain

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 51

View Results

Just wondering, who empties your trash cans(in the house cans)

by on Aug. 26, 2014 at 9:17 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Number1Chef
by on Aug. 26, 2014 at 9:29 AM

I do

AHmom103
by Member on Aug. 26, 2014 at 9:30 AM

My husband empties the kitchen and his bathroom, I empty the others. Sometimes, if he's busy, I'll do the kitchen and his bathroom.

Snakecharm
by Member on Aug. 26, 2014 at 9:30 AM
Whoever notices it needs to be done. Half the time me, half the Time so.
SpiritedWitch
by Froggie on Aug. 26, 2014 at 10:04 AM

It used to be both of us but since his health has declined, I do 98% of it. He does (inside only) it when he can. I take it out to the road on trash day. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Aug. 26, 2014 at 10:08 AM
Thank you for posting! Almost forgot to take it out today for pick up. Working from home this week but usually work in office.
GertieK
by Silver Member on Aug. 26, 2014 at 10:09 AM

Whoever sees it needs to be emtied.  I don't always carry it out to the trash can, but I have no problem bagging it up and putting a fresh liner in the trash can.  We both do it quite frequently.  He takes the big can to the end of the driveway each week because it is almost a mile long and has to ride in the back of his truck.  it is too heavy for me to lift, I am too short, and it won't fit in my car.  Once when he was in the hospital I got it to the road by holding the handle outside of my car window and Sloooooowwwwwwly rolling/dragging it to the road for pick-up.

BL2010
by Bronze Member on Aug. 26, 2014 at 10:21 AM

I take the trash out of the house. Usually once a month hubby and I go to the dump. We don't have trash pick-up here in NH.

berlgirl1224
by Bronze Member on Aug. 26, 2014 at 10:24 AM
Whoever is there when it needs to be emptied (me or hubs). The kids are big enough to lift the thing. On Saturdays we go to the dump for garbage and recycling
JennaBea
by Member on Aug. 26, 2014 at 1:44 PM

Hubby and the kids :)

myshoes
by on Aug. 26, 2014 at 7:20 PM
Everyone does. It's usually me who says WHEN it needs done. If I notice it and am not busy, I do it. If I am cooking or cleaning and the kids/DH are home, I will ask one of them to do it. And depending on work/homework schedules I pick one of the kids and tell the to empty ALL the trash on Thursday evening (our trash is picked up on Fridays). We have 10 cans plus our kitchen can.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN