Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

Are you doing anything special this weekend for Labor Day?

Posted by on Aug. 27, 2014 at 8:50 AM
  • 151 Replies
1 mom liked this

The girls and I are off, but hubby has to work, so we probably won't do anything special this weekend aside from maybe grilling some burgers and, of course, celebrating the return of college football - ROLL TIDE!

barbecuing

Are you doing anything fun this weekend for Labor Day?

by on Aug. 27, 2014 at 8:50 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
nova.mommy
by Bronze Member on Aug. 27, 2014 at 9:26 AM

Nothing is in the plans as of yet.  My kids start school on the 2nd.  DS has an ophthalmologist appointment on Friday, we may go to an hour eyeglass shop to get him new glasses for the first day of school.  Whether he gets a new prescription or not, his glasses are getting to small for his face. 

SuperPickle
by Member on Aug. 27, 2014 at 10:07 AM

dh and I are going to see Nine Inch Nails and Soundgarden on Sat. Other than that no plans.

Cafe Steph
by Head Admin on Aug. 27, 2014 at 10:15 AM

Oh, joy. Nothing like buying new glasses, huh? Hopefully they won't be too expensive and he'll find something he likes easily. What grades are your kids going into?

Quoting nova.mommy:

Nothing is in the plans as of yet.  My kids start school on the 2nd.  DS has an ophthalmologist appointment on Friday, we may go to an hour eyeglass shop to get him new glasses for the first day of school.  Whether he gets a new prescription or not, his glasses are getting to small for his face. 

Cafe Steph
by Head Admin on Aug. 27, 2014 at 10:16 AM

Wow, that's awesome! Have you ever seen either band in concert before?

Quoting SuperPickle:

dh and I are going to see Nine Inch Nails and Soundgarden on Sat. Other than that no plans.

SuperPickle
by Member on Aug. 27, 2014 at 10:19 AM

No! I have been waiting years to see either one and when they finally come close they are touring together! When they first anounced the tour they didnt have any shows near us so DH and I actually considered flying to Vegas for their show there....then they added a bunch of tour dates and we were able to snag tickets right away.

Quoting Cafe Steph:

Wow, that's awesome! Have you ever seen either band in concert before?

Quoting SuperPickle:

MzD3
by Member on Aug. 27, 2014 at 10:20 AM

Going to the Kentucky Horse Park 

DanaG70
by Member on Aug. 27, 2014 at 10:22 AM

Nope, my daughter is going to the state fair with a friend on Saturday, and my husband and I were going to go to Omaha, but he told me last night he needs to stay in town because he'll be on call all weekend. 

mamamiajk
by Platinum Member on Aug. 27, 2014 at 10:27 AM

staying safe at home with BBQ,friends and great music. Happy holiday and have fun!

nova.mommy
by Bronze Member on Aug. 27, 2014 at 10:32 AM

He is excited to find get some new glasses.  The ones he has are the largest the shop had for kids that wrapped around the ear.  DH wear glasses, so he is used to seeing them on someone all the time.  DH wants him to try what he calls 'Clark Kent' frames, but we will see what he likes and what looks good on him.  DH has aviator style, but I don't think that they will 'fit' DS's face.  

DS is going into first grade and DD is going into third.  We have all their school supplies ready.  We go to the open house Thursday the 28th to find out their room and meet the teacher.

Quoting Cafe Steph:

Oh, joy. Nothing like buying new glasses, huh? Hopefully they won't be too expensive and he'll find something he likes easily. What grades are your kids going into?

Quoting nova.mommy:

GotSomeKids
by on Aug. 27, 2014 at 10:38 AM

We are going to the National Book Festival.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)