Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

Can't I keep him OUT of the delivery room??

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 126 Replies

I'm due any day now and my husband, God love him, is driving me up the freaking wall! He keeps going on about how when I'm delivering, we need to make sure the doctors or nurses do this or don't do that. He keeps telling me how far I need to go before I call for meds, IF I call for them at all, and he keeps insisting that I won't need them because I'm "tougher than that." He's making me feel pressured, stressed, and bullied, even, about the choices I've made with my birthing plan and he doesn't seem to get that a plan is just a plan and may be thrown out the window at any time should something come up. My first husband sat down in the cafeteria while I delivered and I resented him at the time for it but now I feel like I should thank him because my current husband, UGH. I don't think I want him in the room with me when I deliver.

Did you have your SO in the delivery room with you?

Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 28, 2014 at 9:54 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lanceandhailey
by Bronze Member on Aug. 28, 2014 at 9:56 AM
1 mom liked this

Yes, he was in the room both times and was supportive about whatever I wanted.

Just get firm and tell him how it is.

www.MyVacationCountdown.com Ticker

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 28, 2014 at 9:58 AM
4 moms liked this
Tell your dh to back the heck off. He's not the one giving birth, so his input- while probably much appreciated- is unnecessary. Maybe he's just nervous, and feels helpless, and wants to feel like a big part of everything, but he's really not helping by stressing you out.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 28, 2014 at 9:58 AM

I don't know how to do that. He's so insistent about everything!

Quoting lanceandhailey:

Yes, he was in the room both times and was supportive about whatever I wanted.

Just get firm and tell him how it is.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 28, 2014 at 9:59 AM

He's a total control freak and this whole process is getting under his skin in a big way, so you're probably right that he feels like this is how he can help.

Quoting Anonymous 2: Tell your dh to back the heck off. He's not the one giving birth, so his input- while probably much appreciated- is unnecessary. Maybe he's just nervous, and feels helpless, and wants to feel like a big part of everything, but he's really not helping by stressing you out.

snowangel1979
by Member on Aug. 28, 2014 at 10:01 AM
11 moms liked this
It may be time to let those crazy pregnancy hormones go off on him. Let him know his job is to support you but until he's pushing a baby out of his hooha he needs to keep his trap shut about what you will or won't do and all this talk is stressing you out.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lucky2Beeme
by Silver Member on Aug. 28, 2014 at 10:10 AM

Yes and he was wonderful.

libbybell
by on Aug. 28, 2014 at 10:11 AM
No, my (ex)husband was being a dirtbag. Long story but we were seperated. He showed up at the hospital kissing on me while I was in labor. I wanted to bite his face off. I told him to wait in the waiting room. My mom was there for delivery. It was very special. My mom still like to tell my daughter about the first time she saw her.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 28, 2014 at 10:16 AM

He sounds controlling as hell.  IS he this way in your every day life??  This is your body and you do what you want.  Why are you having a baby with him?

Of course my dh was with me.  He is comforting and supportive. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 28, 2014 at 11:39 AM
2 moms liked this

HAHA! That made me laugh so hard. Maybe I need to just go off and if he gets angry, coo about hormones the way his sister does during her pregnancy snaps, lol. ;)

Quoting snowangel1979: It may be time to let those crazy pregnancy hormones go off on him. Let him know his job is to support you but until he's pushing a baby out of his hooha he needs to keep his trap shut about what you will or won't do and all this talk is stressing you out.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 28, 2014 at 11:40 AM

No, he's never been controlling in any other aspect (other than occasionally in the bedroom ;) ), so this is all new territory. If he'd been super controlling about everything, I'd not be with him because he'd be too much like my ex.

Quoting Anonymous 3:

He sounds controlling as hell.  IS he this way in your every day life??  This is your body and you do what you want.  Why are you having a baby with him?

Of course my dh was with me.  He is comforting and supportive. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)