Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

Can't I keep him OUT of the delivery room??

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

I'm due any day now and my husband, God love him, is driving me up the freaking wall! He keeps going on about how when I'm delivering, we need to make sure the doctors or nurses do this or don't do that. He keeps telling me how far I need to go before I call for meds, IF I call for them at all, and he keeps insisting that I won't need them because I'm "tougher than that." He's making me feel pressured, stressed, and bullied, even, about the choices I've made with my birthing plan and he doesn't seem to get that a plan is just a plan and may be thrown out the window at any time should something come up. My first husband sat down in the cafeteria while I delivered and I resented him at the time for it but now I feel like I should thank him because my current husband, UGH. I don't think I want him in the room with me when I deliver.

Did you have your SO in the delivery room with you?

Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 28, 2014 at 9:54 AM
Replies (121-126):
slw123
by Member on Sep. 9, 2014 at 12:37 PM

Yes, but he went along with whatever I needed/wanted.  I only had a rule that my parents and his parents weren't allowed in there, lol. 

egyptian_mommy
by Member on Sep. 9, 2014 at 1:43 PM
My dh was there for all 4. And he knew better than to try to tell me what to do. Lol
lulys37
by New Member on Sep. 18, 2014 at 9:59 PM
Tell your hubby to stop stressing you out. It needs to be a special day and let nature take its course. Even if we plan our babies birth things can change in an instant. Tell him that you appreciate him worrying about you and the birth, but when the time comes you will ask for the nurse when you need her and need pain meds. After all its your body and only you know what your feeling and what you need. Prayers sent your way for a fast and healthy delivery.
MooNFaeRie30
by Member on Sep. 26, 2014 at 5:17 AM

DH was in the room with me both times, but he also did not tell me what decisions to make. I would talk to your hubby and make sure he knows how you feel.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 25 on Sep. 26, 2014 at 10:08 AM
I did one birth with drugs one with out mind you the one with drugs was 36 hours one with out was 2 hours its what you can handle you are the one who.needs to decide not him.my husband told me im.the one doing it so its my decision good luck
Sportbominable
by Member on Sep. 26, 2014 at 11:01 AM

Yes, my husband has been in the room for 2 vaginal deliveries, 3 c-sections, and will be for my 4th c-section. He never tells me what to do. He supports me and knows its my choice because he's not the one going through it. He does what I ask, gets me what I need, or finds a nurse if I need one. Tell your husband to be quiet, lol. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN