Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

Do you say "I love you" to your kids a lot?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 221 Replies
1 mom liked this

I tell my kids "I love you" when they wake up, when they leave for school, when they go to bed at night, etc. It's second nature to me to say it and I love to see them smile when they say it back to me, too. My husband thinks it's weird, though, and that I'm making our boys weak by saying it and expecting them to say it back. I don't MAKE them say it, they just do, and I don't see anything wrong with it anyway.

Do YOU say "I love you" to your kids a lot?

Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 28, 2014 at 9:57 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lucky2Beeme
by Silver Member on Aug. 28, 2014 at 10:01 AM
3 moms liked this

YES I do. I have two sons.I dont just say it out of habit I MEAN . Your husbands thoughts are Stupid ! He must not have come from a home that expressed their love openly. What it does it makes children more secure.

ShaniBan12
by New Member on Aug. 28, 2014 at 10:03 AM
I tell my daughter I Love her several times a day. She does the same to me. We draw silly and pretty pictures and say I love you somewhere in the picture and send it to each other in a text.
greenfroggy93
by Member on Aug. 28, 2014 at 10:31 AM

I tell my kids I love them all the time, especially when they are away from me.  I don't think its wierd at all they need to know they are loved.  I think about all those poor kids who never hear it!

lapcounter
by Gold Member on Aug. 28, 2014 at 10:31 AM
1 mom liked this
All the time.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ladyvamp5489
by Member on Aug. 28, 2014 at 10:32 AM

We all say it to each other several times a day, everyday!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 28, 2014 at 10:33 AM
All day every day!
JIJsMom
by Member on Aug. 28, 2014 at 10:39 AM
We both say it countless times throughout the day, and always when We part and before going to bed/upon waking. We say it verbally and with sign language (using the "I love you" sign is just Our thing), and when holding hands (squeeze three times; also just Our thing).
My Son is very affectionate and loving, as am I. I didn't hear "I love you" much from my parents when I was growing up, and I think that's why I say it so much..aside from the fact that it comes naturally, of course.
Mommaofbrx
by on Aug. 28, 2014 at 10:41 AM
I tell my son I love him every chance I get to! He may not understand what I'm saying (he's 18 months old) and can't say it back, but he smiles every time I say it so I think he knows!
sensual_peaches
by New Member on Aug. 28, 2014 at 10:56 AM
1 mom liked this

I tell my dd all the time. I want hert o know that no matter what i love her even when I am angry with her. My dh has become the same way. I think its important to let them know every minute of every day. Children are a blessing and we should be grateful for them.

momofthem311
by Silver Member on Aug. 28, 2014 at 10:56 AM
Constantly! Every day, all the time! I can't say it enough!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN