Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

***UPDATE***Remember my "MIL won't apologize" post? Well, get this info I just heard.

Posted by on Sep. 1, 2014 at 2:49 PM
  • 14 Replies
My husband called her a few days ago because it was her bday and the subject of her and I came up and that she misses our son. My husband told her the whole thing could be fixed if she would just apologize and she had the freaking nerve to say that she deserves an apology too. For what?? I didn't do anything wrong and I'm not apologizing for anything!

When pigs fly!

So I just got a text from a friend, who my mil doesn't even like, saying she went up to her and went on about how she thinks I'm difficult and she hasn't seen her grandson in 2 months and that she wants to get a lawyer and see if she has any rights to him.
Go ahead and try bitch( sorry immature I know but I'm so mad ), she has absolutely no rights to our son at all. I've done my research. Ugh she makes me so mad.
by on Sep. 1, 2014 at 2:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
squeekers
by Member on Sep. 2, 2014 at 10:22 PM
1 mom liked this

oh don't yopu just 'love' those kind of ultimatums? apologize or else! right... NOT gonna happen.

JenGo
by Member on Sep. 3, 2014 at 10:56 AM

I must have missed it. What happened?
Sorry your MIL is being difficult.

momofthem311
by Silver Member on Sep. 3, 2014 at 11:22 AM
1 mom liked this
I'll try to shorten it...lol

So she was going to watch our son, I forgot to leave the car seat, no biggie, we have another in our other car in the our driveway. Before she knew that she called me and ripped me apart over the phone cussing and everything. When I went to pick him up I came to find out from our son and daughter that she was calling me names and bad mouthing me in front of our kids. Then she layed into me again and I wasn't going to take it so I yelled back and cussed some. I told her she better not ever speak like that about me in front if my kids again and when she's ready to apologize she can see the kids again. She has been a bitch to me on and off ever since I met my husband 7 years ago. I'm done beingn treated like crap and her getting away with it. I've been nothing but nice to her, honestly I really have. Once I was kind of a bitch to her and went to her the next day and apologized, if she can't do the same that's pretty sad.

Quoting JenGo:

I must have missed it. What happened?Sorry your MIL is being difficult.

JenGo
by Member on Sep. 3, 2014 at 11:45 AM

Wow that sucks. Sorry that she is crazy. Does your husband back you up in these situations?

Quoting momofthem311: I'll try to shorten it...lol So she was going to watch our son, I forgot to leave the car seat, no biggie, we have another in our other car in the our driveway. Before she knew that she called me and ripped me apart over the phone cussing and everything. When I went to pick him up I came to find out from our son and daughter that she was calling me names and bad mouthing me in front of our kids. Then she layed into me again and I wasn't going to take it so I yelled back and cussed some. I told her she better not ever speak like that about me in front if my kids again and when she's ready to apologize she can see the kids again. She has been a bitch to me on and off ever since I met my husband 7 years ago. I'm done beingn treated like crap and her getting away with it. I've been nothing but nice to her, honestly I really have. Once I was kind of a bitch to her and went to her the next day and apologized, if she can't do the same that's pretty sad.
Quoting JenGo:

momofthem311
by Silver Member on Sep. 3, 2014 at 12:03 PM
1 mom liked this
He does, he still talks to her sometimes but he agrees with me. I told him I'll never be that wife that demands he not see his family, even if they are assholes, unless of course they are dangerous to us or the kids.

Quoting JenGo:

Wow that sucks. Sorry that she is crazy. Does your husband back you up in these situations?

Quoting momofthem311: I'll try to shorten it...lol

So she was going to watch our son, I forgot to leave the car seat, no biggie, we have another in our other car in the our driveway. Before she knew that she called me and ripped me apart over the phone cussing and everything. When I went to pick him up I came to find out from our son and daughter that she was calling me names and bad mouthing me in front of our kids. Then she layed into me again and I wasn't going to take it so I yelled back and cussed some. I told her she better not ever speak like that about me in front if my kids again and when she's ready to apologize she can see the kids again. She has been a bitch to me on and off ever since I met my husband 7 years ago. I'm done beingn treated like crap and her getting away with it. I've been nothing but nice to her, honestly I really have. Once I was kind of a bitch to her and went to her the next day and apologized, if she can't do the same that's pretty sad.

Quoting JenGo:

Ang-Mom-of-2
by Member on Sep. 7, 2014 at 1:38 AM
My MIL does stuff mean to me and even though I be right in the situation hubby gets me to apologize too. Wtf!!!! I never did anything wrong
2007mommy2be
by Member on Sep. 7, 2014 at 2:45 AM
Aye, yi, yi lol.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Sep. 7, 2014 at 10:42 AM

I hope that one of you find it in your hearts to make peace for the long term.  How sad that years pass, relationships are destroyed and families are fractured for hurt feelings.

momofthem311
by Silver Member on Sep. 7, 2014 at 10:56 AM
I completely agree, however, I have been mistreated by this woman time after time over the last several years. She has NEVER ONCE said she was sorry for any of it. She has made fun of me and my daughter for being "city" girls and not enjoying "country" things like fishing and camping. She continually calls my daughter a drama queen( she is but she's 12 ), and lots of times in front of her, and has called names. She criticizes the way I parent, complains about our animals being in the house every time she would come over, constantly sticks her nose in our business and then tells people she's not a meddling mother in law, and just be downright mean sometimes. She's always complaining that my husband never does anything for her when we have helped her move, he drove 2 states(when we lived in Arizona) to put a new roof on her house, fixed her pipes when they froze, done numerous little things for her that she couldn't do. I have offered so many times to help her clean and organize her house, it's like hoarders live there, and she's never accepted.
I can only be treated like a piece of crap so many times ya know. I did nothing wrong and as sad as I would be for her to not see her grandson ever again, I am not budging. She has to know that she can't just treat people like crap and always get away with it.

Quoting Anonymous 1:

I hope that one of you find it in your hearts to make peace for the long term.  How sad that years pass, relationships are destroyed and families are fractured for hurt feelings.

jobseeker
by Bronze Member on Sep. 7, 2014 at 11:05 AM

Totally understand your points.

I am married to the only son,  MIL was living with an alcoholic for years, and spent all her free time in 'ice houses',  the grimiest form of bar around.  Her daughters thought nothing of bringing their kids to the bar to hang out with her, I refused.  The one time I let her watch my children because she had been asking for years, we returned early and she wasn't home.  She had my BABY (he was 15 months old) in the bar. 

It took me YEARS to get past that.  Today, my sons have a relationship with her, but not a loving one. DH is the most responsible of her 5 children and I had to make peace with the fact that at some point we will be taking care of her when she can no longer care for herself.  Even though her youngest daughter and her family has lived in her home since they married.  they now have 2 kids in a SMALL 3 bedroom house.  She and her husband have NEVER paid a penny in rent, but pay the utilities and feel that is enough. 

my point is every family tree has its rotten branches....

Quoting momofthem311: I completely agree, however, I have been mistreated by this woman time after time over the last several years. She has NEVER ONCE said she was sorry for any of it. She has made fun of me and my daughter for being "city" girls and not enjoying "country" things like fishing and camping. She continually calls my daughter a drama queen( she is but she's 12 ), and lots of times in front of her, and has called names. She criticizes the way I parent, complains about our animals being in the house every time she would come over, constantly sticks her nose in our business and then tells people she's not a meddling mother in law, and just be downright mean sometimes. She's always complaining that my husband never does anything for her when we have helped her move, he drove 2 states(when we lived in Arizona) to put a new roof on her house, fixed her pipes when they froze, done numerous little things for her that she couldn't do. I have offered so many times to help her clean and organize her house, it's like hoarders live there, and she's never accepted. I can only be treated like a piece of crap so many times ya know. I did nothing wrong and as sad as I would be for her to not see her grandson ever again, I am not budging. She has to know that she can't just treat people like crap and always get away with it.
Quoting Anonymous 1:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN