Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

Do you like pumpkin?

Posted by on Sep. 3, 2014 at 9:32 AM
  • 96 Replies

Pumpkin is everywhere from lattes to cookies, snack cakes, and more! That would be fine with me but for the simple fact that I do NOT like pumpkin, lol. I love decorating with them and eating roasted pumpkin seeds but I don't like pumpkins unless they're the candy variety.

Do YOU like pumpkin? What about all the pumpkin-y treats?

by on Sep. 3, 2014 at 9:32 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Memere60
by Member on Sep. 3, 2014 at 10:16 AM

I love pumpkin bread, but I don't get why people put chocolate chips in it. I like it just plain, warmed up, with some butter (or whatever) on it. Yummy!!!!

Bmat
by Bronze Member on Sep. 3, 2014 at 10:21 AM

I don't like pumpkin.  I don't like it in any form.

horcruxnumber8
by Member on Sep. 3, 2014 at 10:26 AM
Quoting Bmat:

me either
othermom
by Silver Member on Sep. 3, 2014 at 10:37 AM

Yes I do in some stuff. i love pumpkin seeds

Cafe Steph
by Head Admin on Sep. 3, 2014 at 10:41 AM

I don't think chocolate chips would go very well with pumpkin, either, but I suppose some make it sweeter than others? Do you go crazy for all the pumpkin spice treats that come out every fall, like Starbucks' pumpkin spice latte or DQ's pumpkin pie blizzard, etc.?

Quoting Memere60:

I love pumpkin bread, but I don't get why people put chocolate chips in it. I like it just plain, warmed up, with some butter (or whatever) on it. Yummy!!!!

Cafe Steph
by Head Admin on Sep. 3, 2014 at 10:41 AM

Not even the roasted seeds or mellowcreme candy (which is really just sugar, lol)?

Quoting Bmat:

Cafe Steph
by Head Admin on Sep. 3, 2014 at 10:42 AM

Does the neverending wave of pumpkin spice specials at restaurants and fast food joints irritate you every year, too?

Quoting horcruxnumber8:
Quoting Bmat:

me either

Cafe Steph
by Head Admin on Sep. 3, 2014 at 10:44 AM

We carved a pumpkin several years ago and discarded everything but the seeds. We roasted them with Butt Rub seasoning (spice blend available at buttrub.com) and they were AMAZING! My mom and others couldn't believe we just tossed the rest, though, gasping at the horror of NOT making pumpkin pie or anything with it, but none of us likes it except for the seeds, lol. Do you like the pumpkin creamers, shakes, lattes, etc., that come out every year?

Quoting othermom:

othermom
by Silver Member on Sep. 3, 2014 at 10:54 AM

I love candy pumpkins too

othermom
by Silver Member on Sep. 3, 2014 at 10:59 AM

I buy my pumpkin seeds at the store in the fall already roasted, lol. I haven't done them at home since I was a kid and my dad did it. I might try making something with the pumpkin this year. We are growing one our self this year. Well we hope for more than one, but we only have one at the moment on the plant, so it is my youngest daughters since they were the seeds from her easter gift

Quoting Cafe Steph:

We carved a pumpkin several years ago and discarded everything but the seeds. We roasted them with Butt Rub seasoning (spice blend available at buttrub.com) and they were AMAZING! My mom and others couldn't believe we just tossed the rest, though, gasping at the horror of NOT making pumpkin pie or anything with it, but none of us likes it except for the seeds, lol. Do you like the pumpkin creamers, shakes, lattes, etc., that come out every year?

Quoting othermom:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN