Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

Please help me!

Posted by on Jan. 10, 2008 at 10:44 AM
  • 9 Replies

I'm only 19 years old and I'm pregnant. I'm due in June. So I'm about 4 months now. Can anyone give me some advice about my pregnancy?

by on Jan. 10, 2008 at 10:44 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
InTheBackground
by on Jan. 10, 2008 at 10:48 AM
I was 22 with my first so I don't know exactly what you are going through but my first bit of advice would be to take a breath! : )

You did a good thing taking the step to come on a site like this where you can have a lot of support from other mothers and ladies who have been in similar situations!

Wish I could help more...if you have any specific questions, I'll do my best to help!

Best wishes! : )

katykay
by on Jan. 10, 2008 at 10:49 AM
do you have specific questions?  Feel free to send me a note or add me to your friends list and I will try and help answer your questions.  I have three boys and I'm current pregnant with number 4 boy. 
cassie1118
by on Jan. 10, 2008 at 10:52 AM
hi :) i was 19 when i got preg too.  advice?? take care of yourself!! lol  there r a few groups on here for young mothers and such..plus u can ask me anything if u need... i dont mind at all!! :)
jorilynner
by on Jan. 10, 2008 at 11:24 AM
I was pregnant with my first child when I was 18.
Best advice: eat healthy-don't gain too much weight!! You will regret it if you do.
Give up all your bad habits-smoking, etc.-take care to have a healthy baby.
Exercise- walking is good-stay active if you can-labor will be easier.
Any questions or advice, fell free to ask!
Jorie
misslonely
by on Jan. 10, 2008 at 11:27 AM
i was 17 when i got preg.
my best advice:stay away from burger king!!!
believe me.
and take your vitamins. dont pick up anything heavy.

sacdp29
by on Jan. 11, 2008 at 1:39 AM

Well sweetie, you are smart to try to get advice from "old time" moms...LOL

Seriously, the advice everyone has given you is good.  Take care of yourself, eat and eat the right kinds of foods.  My daughter is due any day now and I've really had to fuss about her eating.   Get rest. 
My daughter is 19, she was 18 (just graduated) when she found out she was pregnant.
Hope you have the family support, if not, you can ask us here anything.
Keep up with your doctor visits. 

You've already started to be a good mom, by asking lots of questions.

Good luck and congrats!!

LilypieExpecting a baby Ticker

callmetara
by on Jan. 11, 2008 at 1:45 AM
Like everyone else said, try not to gain too much weight. know the saying "youre eating for two"? ok, you are, technically, but that doesn't mean you need to eat as if two people would!

also don't stress!
i am here if you have questions

tara
taracv
by on Jan. 11, 2008 at 2:11 AM
I would start by making sure you eat healthy , and if you are tired, take naps if you can.  Excersize if you are able too, and if you believe in God, then just pray.  Take a deap breath and know that you are not alone.  Join a support group, or just ask for help if needed.  It will be OK!  Take care!
l_smth
by on Jan. 21, 2008 at 9:32 PM
I was 17 when I had my first child. If I can help you I will. You can a me as your friend if you want. What can of advice are you looking for??

MOTHEROF2KY

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)