Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Christmas Eve gifts?

Posted by on Dec. 4, 2014 at 1:51 PM
  • 18 Replies
Do you do them?
Do you let the kids pick which gift they want to open or do you have a specific gift you let them open?

We always done a Christmas Eve gift and let them play with it for a while before bed. I usually let them pick their own, I try to influence which one lol. But this year I'm going to put together one of those Christmas Eve boxes. With new P.J's, slippers, a cocoa mug(they have been wanting one of their own), maybe a little stuffed animal , and a cocoa reindeer bag thing.
by on Dec. 4, 2014 at 1:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
BL2010
by BL on Dec. 4, 2014 at 2:27 PM

We do not exchange gifts anymore.

strictmomhere
by on Dec. 4, 2014 at 2:29 PM
1 mom liked this
Not this year
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Dec. 4, 2014 at 2:46 PM
1 mom liked this
We never did it. Dh opened as a kid on Christmas eve. Santa came while they were at Midnight Mass so at 1:30 they opened it all.
Mrs.Elsey8486
by Member on Dec. 4, 2014 at 5:31 PM

How come?

Quoting BL2010:

We do not exchange gifts anymore.

mcginnisc
by Bronze Member on Dec. 4, 2014 at 5:43 PM
1 mom liked this
My girls get pjs on Christmas Eve. I wrap it in different paper than what their other gifts are in and label the back of it.
princessnprince
by on Dec. 4, 2014 at 5:50 PM
1 mom liked this

We do Christmas eve presents. It's a tradition. Each kid always get pjs, slippers, a movie, their favorite movie snack, and an orament reflective of what they were into that year. Then they get in their pjs, we watch the movies, snack, and put their new ornaments on the tree :)

barbie_girl870
by Member on Dec. 4, 2014 at 8:54 PM
1 mom liked this

i don't do gifts on christmas eve my son goes to his birth fathers

Quoting Mrs.Elsey8486: Do you do them? Do you let the kids pick which gift they want to open or do you have a specific gift you let them open? We always done a Christmas Eve gift and let them play with it for a while before bed. I usually let them pick their own, I try to influence which one lol. But this year I'm going to put together one of those Christmas Eve boxes. With new P.J's, slippers, a cocoa mug(they have been wanting one of their own), maybe a little stuffed animal , and a cocoa reindeer bag thing.

CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers
SuperPickle
by Member on Dec. 4, 2014 at 10:47 PM

We always go to a movie on Christmas eve and when we come home Santa has left an early present of new pjs telling them to get in bed and sleep tight!

la_bella_vita
by on Dec. 5, 2014 at 4:44 PM

No

Landon2012
by on Dec. 5, 2014 at 8:53 PM
1 mom liked this

We go to my parents house the kids get to open gifts first then the adults. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)