Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Sometimes I wish she...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 10 Replies

Liked princessess!!!

I never liked how the whole princessess things changed, I did like them but now that they are everywhere is annoying.

All toys and decoration has them, little girls wearing the dressess everywhere and little girls being princessess, I just couldn't take it anymore.

So I made sure my dd would't be a princess, she would just be a normal kid; I never called her princess and discourageed family from doing so.

Now my dd is 6 and has no interest in princessess, she likes them but is not obsessed over them, when we g oto Disney and they call her princess she responds: "I'm not a princess, my name is ___" and then she asks why do they call her a princess.

Now, we are trying to get her a new bedding set and when I asked her what she wanted she says:

It could be:

butterflies

rainbows

bunnies

dinosaurs

leprechauns with pots of gold.

This is the only time I had ever wished she liked princessess, it would be so easy;  a Sofia de First or Frozen comforter and move on!!!

What have you avoided with your kids that has come to bite you in your "donkey"?

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 12, 2014 at 11:42 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 12, 2014 at 12:04 PM

I had one dd that liked girly things.  The other was obsessed with dinosaurs and cars etc.  LOL. she is 20 something and still loves cars and dinosaurs. 

ShaMac
by on Dec. 13, 2014 at 10:17 PM
Mine was similar. She would watch the princesses for a minute but other things she preferred. She never asked for princess stuff and would loose interest quickly if she had it.
She is her own person and as she gets older it is pretty cool.
balagan_imma
by Silver Member on Dec. 13, 2014 at 10:21 PM

My DD went through a small princess phase. Then she was into fairies for a while really learning to read well. Then she discovered the children's version of Dracula in the bookshelf. Turns out that she is far more of a ghoul than a girl.

wingsfan1234
by on Dec. 13, 2014 at 10:23 PM

I have 2 girls, one is turning into a girly girl now (she's 8)  but the other wants NOTHING to do with anything girly..lol her bedset is Super Mario!!  she has more cars than I know what to do with.. when someone asks her want she wants (she just had a birthday now Christmas is coming) she says cars, puzzles and DIRT..LOL crazy child there is dirt outside no need to buy it

Mommy to two girls here on earth, along with another girl and a boy in Heaven watching over us 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 14, 2014 at 12:16 PM
Mine loves medical stuff.

She watched alien the other day, definitely something most girks her age want no part of.

Quoting balagan_imma:

My DD went through a small princess phase. Then she was into fairies for a while really learning to read well. Then she discovered the children's version of Dracula in the bookshelf. Turns out that she is far more of a ghoul than a girl.

balagan_imma
by Silver Member on Dec. 14, 2014 at 12:36 PM

Yep. That sounds like my DD. Bring on the horror movies. She also loves stuff like Doctor Who and Supernatural.

The good news for me is that she is definitely not about the drama like a lot of girls her age (15-16). She had a boyfriend and he was more of a friend. They broke up and she wasn't upset - she could dissect what wasn't right. I don't know what I would do if she was more dramatic, probably go crazy.

Quoting Anonymous 1: Mine loves medical stuff. She watched alien the other day, definitely something most girks her age want no part of.
Quoting balagan_imma:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 14, 2014 at 7:11 PM
1 mom liked this
We are Doctor fans here, you should had seen her watching the weeping angels for the first time, you can tell she's nervious but loving it, as soon as it was over, she asked to watch it again... And I see an angel statue and can't blink. Lol

Quoting balagan_imma:

Yep. That sounds like my DD. Bring on the horror movies. She also loves stuff like Doctor Who and Supernatural.

The good news for me is that she is definitely not about the drama like a lot of girls her age (15-16). She had a boyfriend and he was more of a friend. They broke up and she wasn't upset - she could dissect what wasn't right. I don't know what I would do if she was more dramatic, probably go crazy.

Quoting Anonymous 1: Mine loves medical stuff.

She watched alien the other day, definitely something most girks her age want no part of.

Quoting balagan_imma:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 15, 2014 at 2:07 PM

By any chance do you still have the book or remember the exact name? I'd love to get it for my dd.

Quoting balagan_imma:

Quoting Anonymous 1: Mine loves medical stuff. She watched alien the other day, definitely something most girks her age want no part of.
Quoting balagan_imma:

balagan_imma
by Silver Member on Dec. 15, 2014 at 2:20 PM

I cannot find the book. I think it got packed away with the kids books that we wanted to keep. I did look on my library's site. There was one that had a familiar sounding title - Dracula and Other Vampire Stories by Eric Kudalis.

Some other books she loved were Vampirates series, Harry Potter, anything Roald Dahl, Eragon and Lord of the Rings. Obviously these weren't all when she was 6, but on through 4-5th grades. She still loves the Vampirate Books. As is now onto Dean Koontz and Stephen King, especially Stephen King.

Quoting Anonymous 1:

By any chance do you still have the book or remember the exact name? I'd love to get it for my dd.

Quoting balagan_imma:

Quoting balagan_imma:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 15, 2014 at 2:48 PM

Thanks

My dd is reading the first Harry Potter with dad and has seen 5 movies already :)

I'll look those up, I need to find things that she is interested on to read.

Quoting balagan_imma:

I cannot find the book. I think it got packed away with the kids books that we wanted to keep. I did look on my library's site. There was one that had a familiar sounding title - Dracula and Other Vampire Stories by Eric Kudalis.

Some other books she loved were Vampirates series, Harry Potter, anything Roald Dahl, Eragon and Lord of the Rings. Obviously these weren't all when she was 6, but on through 4-5th grades. She still loves the Vampirate Books. As is now onto Dean Koontz and Stephen King, especially Stephen King.

Quoting Anonymous 1:

Quoting balagan_imma:

Quoting balagan_imma:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)